Shipping Issues - Curious

It would depend on how many people used it and how much they paid. The company that I worked for offered this as a service. The one year cost of the service was just about what it cost to ship a replacement 3D printer overnight and a shipping label for the old one coming back. Everything else came out of the company’s pocket. The issue was that users were making claims without doing any troubleshooting, since that was allowed, and were making several claims per year.
I think for a GF machine the price to the customer of business class support would be about the same as the machine itself. This would fund the dedicated people, phone lines, shipping, refurb or repair costs, etc. If a lot of businesses or users used the service the cost to GF would go down.

The issue with these reported delays is the use of the word “In Stock” on the sales web site. It is difficult to see any reason for this label as systems are clearly built to order and there appears to be no “stock”. Leaves one’s imagination to roam as we wait anxiously for in stock goods already paid in full.

Clarification appreciated. What does in stock mean?

No, they’re not, though I can see why you’d guess that. They’re built in batches by model.

For sure manufacturing in the US is struggling with supply lines.
Rooting for Glowforge .
With such uncertainty full and early transparency is best.
Need to keep those influencers onboard.

@fitzgozas thank you for your patience throughout these shipping delays. I’m frustrated for you and I’m so sorry we’ve let you down. I have followed up to your email ticket with us, and I’m working on getting an update for your shipment.

I’ll follow up with you there as soon as I have more information. Since we’re working on it there, I’m going to close this thread. Please feel free to start a new topic if you have any other questions. Otherwise we’ll reach back out in your email ticket.