Shipping nope not yet šŸ˜€

Ok only four days from email and wham pushes out another week. It is just not in the cards this month strong text

Dang.

I know how you feel, that happen with two days left then bamm two more days. But good think was by Friday @ 5:pm estimated time the email came.

I know the feeling, my date just got bumped a week from Jan 26 yesterday to Feb 2ndā€¦

I saw that happen on mine then the day before it jump back to the next day.

Mine jumps a week at a time. 3rd jump back

This is the third time, Was Jan 3rd until Christmas and then moved to 1/26 for two weeks then 1/23 for two days then back to 1/26 and now Febā€¦

Seeing similar for the monthā€¦ just went out by a week again when it was within 5 days.

They are on day 30 units from 10/24/2015. The unit I ordered was ordered about 10 months after on 08/10/2016.

They still have US orders between 10/25/2015 and 8/10/2016 (~10 months) to get thru before mine, yet claimed 5 daysā€¦

My new notification date is the 26th (10 days), so to reach that they will have to be completing one months of orders per day everyday until thenā€¦

Mine was 08/11/16. We are in the same boat.

Thought this was only me. I am so frustrated by this. It was December, then end of December then January 3, then the 8th and then the 16th for a bit. Today is officially the 17th and my date slipped to the 23rd. I think Iā€™ll always be playing catch up to this, like a bunny chasing a carrot on a stick.

I can definitely relate. I thought of the donkey pulling the cart chasing the carrot on the stick.

this is where a little pessimism will come in handyā€¦ keep your expectations low, expect the worst, and you will never get disappointed! :wink:

1 Like

It seemed like it was really booking along for a while and while people are clearly continuing to receive their units, those who havenā€™t are reporting a lot of dates being pushed back.

This is possibly that ā€œlast day before the crowdfunding ends spike in ordersā€ soaking up all the production. I hope itā€™s that, rather than a global shortage of pew tubes or intensifier disks.

2 Likes

If you check the dictionary under pessimist I believe my picture is there. Lol

1 Like

Donā€™t think so, someone competent in logistics would include those orders in delivery estimates. And donā€™t believe an unanticipated sudden shortage explains the delays either because 1. Dan said last week that there hasnā€™t been anything major to report, 2. the dates have been continuously moving out (not suddenly moving out).

Also, unless they sold very few units after the initial campaign, I donā€™t think it makes much sense to have estimates in the 5-10 day range when they have 10 months of orders to complete.

IMO, dates probably moving out for the same reason they have always have.

This maybe a dumb questionā€¦ why have they not increased production capacity to meet the growing needsā€¦ unless they are intentionally delaying shipping to meet development progress.

Ron

Keep the faith, the Glowforge is real. I patiently waited and waited and watched grass grow for a couple of years. I asked myself was the Glowforge real like Santa Claus or the Easter bunny? Last week after years of waiting I received 3 magic boxes and to my delight ]my Glowforge finally arrived. When you get your Glowforge, youā€™ll be excited to print what I call the $2k Glowforge ruler.

2 Likes

Costs money and increases riskā€¦sometimes doesnā€™t make sense or possible for temporary high demand from preorders. For example, you spend many millions on tooling.

I think itā€™s real, just the dates donā€™t seem to be.

But after the $2,000 ruler, everything else is free :wink:

My first 3D printer was the same thing - the first thing I did was a knob for the lid of my wifeā€™s crockpot. A $2,500 knob for a $50 crockpot :smile:

2 Likes

My time finally came up on Jan. 1st and I summited my address for shipping. Now Iā€™m waiting on pins and needles for it to come. They say it can be up to 6 weeks to arrive. I donā€™t go anywhere after 3pm so I donā€™t miss out on the UPS truck to come. This will make my kids hate me but I donā€™t care. After over 2 yrs of waiting they can now wait. :slight_smile:

2 Likes