Shop Upgrades!

I think the Blue Man Group made one of those… :innocent:

6 Likes

It shows in those pictures. My niece rescued a dog from the desert outside Reno and when she got married, her husband traded vows with the dog after the ones with the bride. Not a dry eye in the hoiuse.

5 Likes

I’ve got a hammered dulcimer (two actually). Maybe I can help you out there.

3 Likes

“It’s got what plants crave”

Yes, that’s my take-away message from @jbv 's photos. LOL.

3 Likes

Wow…do you play often? I LOVE the sound of hammered dulcimer.

1 Like

We had to move them to the basement when we got the kittens. They would use them as launching pads to get to the top of the dining room hutch. So we haven’t played them for awhile. Need to dust them off before we lose what all we learned! There is only one song that my husband and I play together (it’s called The Meeting House) and otherwise we have different songs in our repertoire because we had different teachers.

3 Likes

Brawndo’s - it’s got electrolytes :grinning:

2 Likes

Ah, the hammered dulcimer. One of the locals I jam with won the U.S. National Hammered Dulcimer Championship many years ago. She be purty darn good.

She tried to sell me her original dulcimer but wow that’s a lot of strings to tune. Don’t want to learn another instrument.

6 Likes

You got that right! Makes you dread a humid summer even more.

2 Likes

I like the look of those! I’m a member of Sam’s…will have to see if they have them, otherwise I will be asking future in-laws to take me! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Thanks for the tip!

Yeah, those are nice. I got 5 sets or so. Plus shelf height is adjustable, which will allow for height adjustment to lower the pro with filter a bit. And they work pretty well as tables as you show. Likely my interim solution until the workshop is finished.

1 Like

Hey don’t knock it, IT’S WHAT PLANTS CRAVE!

2 Likes

Here are some of the pictures I have of my shop as promised of course it is further along since these were taken like it has power and doors on it now.

And yes with the help of some friends I did the site prep and concrete work.

33 Likes

Very nice! (Lot of work doing your own slab.) :smiley:

4 Likes

oh wow man! Thats incredible! Im soooo jealous! You gotta give us some inside shots too when you get a chance! well done!

4 Likes

No problem but keep in mind it is still a big work in progress as in still running power, installing, wood studs so I can hang insulation and drywall as well as install an 18k BTU mini split A/C which I purchase for $800 delivered.

4 Likes

As requested here are the inside pictures of the shop which is going to see more work tomorrow.

31 Likes

Ah man! Looking great so far! Already got tools in it!
That looks so fun! Thanks for posting this!

How long has it taken to get to this point?

6 Likes

If you include the root taking of the backyard I have been working this funds pending for 18 months give or take 2.

5 Likes