Shop Upgrades!

Man I like the look of those, and thats a great price! Guess Im going to costco after work!

3 Likes

Pro-tip: use a flatbed cart.
(The box is exactly the wrong size to fit correctly into the normal costco shopping cart. Also, it is very loud when a cart tips over and a box of shelves hits the floor. Donā€™t ask me how I know that.)

28 Likes

Now I just need to get a Costco built close by but two years ago I ordered in 5 sets of the 18" deep for the garage but, eventually get my 600sq ft shop finished up. Got to finish installing some wood studs and insulation before I Install the 18k BTU mini split A/C. Iā€™ll add some pics of it when I can.

5 Likes

Good-looking dog!

7 Likes

Samā€™s Club has their same model (just different packaging).

They can hold a lot of weight.

Tip: If you do the 6 foot tall configuration and assemble them side by side, Butt and clamp them together, drill through the legs in 2 places (on both front and back legs) and bolt them together. Once you take the clamps off, they are more stable and aligned.

8 Likes

Thanks! Tomorrow is his 14th birthday!
(Well, the 13th anniversary of his adoption from the humane society, where they said he was about a year old.)

10 Likes

Hard to believe that he could have ended up at the humane society in the 1st place - good on you for giving a forever home.

5 Likes

I though he looked aged.
That toy at his feet, dogs could teach us a lesson there.
There is a puppy still within who would rejoice if you were to pick it up and engage with him.

I took care of a neighbor dog while the owner is out of town for two days.The day before he left he and his old dog had a great time playing in the yard.
The dog died of old age while he was gone.

If you grow up all the way I think something is lost.

That work area is way too clean and organized!

7 Likes

He had been badly beaten and abandoned in the street in Colorado Springs. He reacts very negatively to anyone who is ā€˜red-nosedā€™ drunk. I think I know what happened.
I try my best to give him as much as he gives to me, even though that is impossible.

Iā€™ve been doing some major reorganizing. What you donā€™t see is the pile of boxes on the floor in the next room, which all need to be gone through, organized, and fit back onto shelving. Hence the desire for more shelving!

26 Likes

Great pictures!
An old man explained that for each dog he ever owned, he gave it a piece of his heart - and the dog did the same in return.
He said that by the time he died, his heart would be all dog, and he would see the world and love as they did.

Purest love a man can know. If you donā€™t believe me, ā€œlock your wife and your dog in the trunk of your car, come back in an hour and see which one is happy to see you.ā€ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

25 Likes

That phrase needs a frame, a good frame.

8 Likes

And to be hung in the man cave, where it canā€™t annoy anyone :wink:

6 Likes

It seems fair to me :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

ā€œlock your spouse and your dog in the trunk of your car, come back in an hour and see which one is happy to see you.ā€

9 Likes

Apologies for the sexist joke :grimacing:

4 Likes

No apology needed, I wasnā€™t offended at all! Simply imagined such a sign in my home, and since my husband is a snarky baā€¦ fellow who loves to razz me, I know that he would constantly point to it and extrapolate. So, itā€™d just be safer for everyone if a sign like that lived in the garage :wink:

14 Likes

Just tell her antoine dodsen commanded it

1 Like

Love the photos. Love the dog. What is that in the last photo? Looks like some kind of art tableā€¦or a dulcimerā€¦orā€¦???

3 Likes

French-style plein air easel, with a wire-bound pad of paper sitting on top, and a NeoLucida clamped to the back.

But now Iā€™m trying to figure out how I could use a hammer dulcimer to achieve a watercolor paintingā€¦

10 Likes

Raise the strings above the paper, put some felt pads on the hammers, dips said pads in paint as you play, instant spatter art?

5 Likes