Show and Tell

Those look awesome but I have to ask… All the groomsman were superheroes, so who was kingpin?

Kingpin was for a different group…along with dare devil, Gambit, hit monkey and some others…good and bad mixed I guess…lol

My daughter reading this thread and meting out the likes

35 Likes

I see your running a surface book. I have issues with mine occasionally not sleeping when I close it up and a few hours later my battery is dead and the thing is hot. Have you seen a issue like that?

Glad their are more prop makers out there. I have been making the props with my work laser. It will seriously make your life a lot easier on fine detailing. Lovin your creations.

2 Likes

Constantly. It’s a wreck. My previous surface pro running 8.1 was far more reliable.

Most of the office is on macs but I’m stubborn. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

I have had pro 1,2,3,4 and book the 1 and 2 most reliable the 3 was funny waking up. And the 4 and book are the perfect example of what happens when a project marches to a date. They are disasters and every month ms releases an new firmware or drivers that’s supposed to fix the world and it doesn’t.

(all the hardware is because its one of my primary job responsibility’s I have one of every piece of hardware the enterprise is using)

1 Like

Holy cow! I was briefly obsessed with that bracelet when I saw it, or one very like it, a year or two ago on… Instructables, I think. Was that you?

Eek, how did the bookboard laser cutting go?? I’m a book artist as well and having just had to recut half of the boards for my next project twice because the dang ruler slipped (need to find one with a cork back), I’m reaaaally looking forward saying goodbye to the xacto! :sweat:

3 Likes

Are a couple of those yarn ball holders?? :heart_eyes: Pretty!!

Does it work well? I’ve not seen this style before. I’d like to get into spinning too! And hand dying, and hand painting… the list goes on!

Sweet! I’ve never painted shoes, but I have attacked a few pairs of TOMS with sharpies… :innocent:

30 Likes

Really nice detail!
My sketching took a back seat to digital around 25 years ago. I see that going the other way now with the scanning feature of the 'forge.

Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

That was me! And still is!
I’ve made 4 of the bracelets, and it’s been a big hassle each time. I don’t think the 'Forge can make it any easier. Or can it?

1 Like

It’s ok, I can’t go to the dark side either

1 Like

It would be a different look, but how about cutting ovals and partial ovals and stacking them? You could then try contrasting woods, or even some acrylic. Hardest part would be drilling the holes for the rods.

Edit: What was I thinking? Cutting the holes for the rods will be a snap. You’d be cutting the ovals with the hole side face up, so can cut right through each layer. The holes will even help line every thing up while gluing the layers together.

3 Likes

You would still have to do the laminating and bending part, but I would think the glowforge would make the entire cutting process a lot faster. I mean, you could cut the cut outs and channels for the wires before you laminated the wood veneers together, right? And you could even make the actual bracelet form from cutting a bunch of ovals and sandwiching them all together, although I’m not sure that would be better than sawing the solid block… I guess if you really wanted to, you could do more complicated cutouts and shapes a lot easier too, although I’m not sure a more intricate bracelet would have the same appeal.

The glowforge might not make the process super fast, because it’s still a bunch of steps, but I think it would make making a bunch of the same bracelets easier.

But that’s just guessing. I have no idea really. All the ideas in my head might be totally impossible.

2 Likes

We have not actually cut one yet, but it will definitely be a posted beta project when we do!

1 Like

I posted the headphone holder last week. This is it after I added the LED light last night

Would have been better pic if it had been darker outside.

27 Likes

Very nice!!! Are the leds color changing or jsut the blue (either way t looks fantastic). The dog seems a little wary though… ( I thought he was a cat at first - nose=ear, tounge-tounge, lower jaw=cat front paw being licked, eye= dark spot on shoulder, neck/body= cat tail) ). lol :joy_cat:

PS - kewl table and bench

1 Like