Show and Tell

Well, I don’t think I bought it for this specific application, but to open up new possibilities of creative expression.

If you got bored at that conference table you could count how old the tree was. Of course if those are wine barrels in that room - I doubt the meeting would be boring… very kewl table btw!:grinning:

3 Likes

I think the contents of the many many kegs adjacent to the seating would cause me to be too engaged to ever find the time to work on the table. :grin:

3 Likes

The beginning of the thread was for skilled artisans and I definitely don’t fit in there. I received a mid size lathe for Fathers day and this is the second project from it. I made some knobs for my lathe stand as the first one and you’re definitely not getting pictures of those… :slight_smile: Nothing better than practicing on free wood and this is the top foot from a fence post we took down a few years ago.

37 Likes

Very nice!

you know you’re the crafty type when you save a fence post you took down for years :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Lovely! (I’d say that qualifies as skilled artisan.):smile:

6 Likes

From Trash to Treasure
Beautiful! I love it.
The contrasts of new and old, smooth and rough together are excellent Jamie!
Art - the expression of spirit by means of matter" that Sir qualifies!

Thank you for sharing that!

2 Likes

Jamie, the vase is beautiful! I love the transition from the smooth top to the rustic middle and bottom. I never would’ve thought to do that and I think it’s just wonderful! :relaxed:

2 Likes

Will the passthrough on the Pro handle a half a tree?

1 Like

As long as half the tree is 1/4" in thickness. :smiley:

2 Likes

Down By the River

I’m a musician…does that count?

8 Likes

Of course it counts! Lovely sound.

2 Likes

Absolutely!

2 Likes

That’s very pretty. (And restful. Restful is good.) Right up until the refrain. :laughing:

(Remind me not to tick you off.):neutral_face:

1 Like

Creative expression comes in many forms, music is perhaps the most powerful.
I have seen physical art that widens my eyes - but never saw any that raised the hair on my arms! Music can grab you by the soul.
Very nice, thank you so much for sharing your talent with us!

4 Likes

More like Neil Young. Don’t piss off Neil Young (he wrote it).

4 Likes

Chuckle! Did not know that…I’ll have to go give him a listen. :relaxed:

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words, all. <3

It totally counts! Excellent version of Down by the River. Thanks so much for posting!

I saw Neil Young in concert this past year – as expected, he and Promise of the Real were awesome. Willie Nelson’s sons were great; one, Lukas, sang September Song and sounded so much like his pop. :slight_smile:

3 Likes