Show me your HALLOWEEN stuff!

Those images are great! I love the paint job. Neighborhood and community art? More, please.

2 Likes

Yeah, I just used spraypaint on some cheap plywood and masked it before burning. I cheated a bit and hit the engraved areas with a little black sparaypaint before unmasking too just to make it pop.

Very cool, thanks. Those triangular rings looks really sharp.

Not sure what to do with ‘em Got bored so I stained/dyed some wood orange and forged’ these (quarter for scale)

I made them double sided (diff face on each side) . There are 36 face designs I think.
I will post the file in the free files area… It would be fun to cut out two sets, then play a memory match game (flipping over two at a time to see who can match the most). Those being only single side… may do that now…

12 Likes

I’ve been really busy getting goods ready & packed into the car for a show tomorrow–but have to show this little leather “drum” pouch (about 4" diameter, zipper in the 2.5" gusset & hook for belt loop or run a belt thru back loop). Found this great image I set up for tiling (pngtree.com), and made it reverse, so the area around the skulls is etched. It’s really effective on white acrylic with black dye, so the skulls really stand out–small ones to put on the zipper pull for this & larger key fobs, too. I will try to get pictures of those

tomorrow.

Update: here’s the pouch with the acrylic etched & dyed zip pull charm:

8 Likes

I made a Manny Calaveras mask, using the Pepakura file I found here. It was a full body build so I had to do extensive editing to get just the mask part. Plus I changed the bitmap parts to vectors. Then used the Glowforge to score fold lines as well as areas to be painted black. Of course you could easily do this with a vinyl cutter, but mine is all packed up in a box and too much trouble to set up.

The eye holes are cut out and backed with sheer black hose so I can see through them.

I haven’t figured out yet how I’m going to make it wearable. An elastic band would distort the sides too much, so I think I will attach it to a baseball cap inside so it can just ride on top of the head.

13 Likes

Awesome !! I loved Grim Fandango… (Although Day of the Tentacle still my fav. LucasArts). Never did finish Grim Fandango (wonder if it would still run on any of my systems…)
Did you make the rest of the outfit?white suit? :slightly_smiling_face:

Happy Halloween :jack_o_lantern:

3 Likes

Nope, just the mask.

Grim Fandango is out on iPad now! Only $5 for the app—I had to have it. It was my dad’s favorite game.

1 Like

@Paulw, How is the acrylic pumpkin attached to your tea light? Your pumpkins are fantastic. :grinning:

Be safe this Wednesday… Happy Halloween

12 Likes

Heres some funky skeleton keys…

16 Likes

I did these…on the cute side of the spooky spectrum…

previous posted here:

I did these…cute spectrum of spooky…

8 Likes

Had some scrap acrylic so found some clipart… they are about 1.5 inches tall…

15 Likes

Those look like they fit perfectly. I have never been able to get accurate fits like that. Thanks for sharing. :grinning:

These are so cool and clever! I really adore the bat and spider.

I really love the little tweeky guy on the left :ghost::skull_and_crossbones:. This damn GF has led to me having dozens of these kind of little do-dads laying around. It’s like a weird compulsion to make all the things whether I need them or not lol.

3 Likes

Cut 42 pumpkins for my daughter to give out at her class party tomorrow since they are not allowed to have treats.

12 Likes

so… halloween?

pennywise on slate, maybe?

:thinking:

18 Likes

Oh, wow, creepy!

first attempt at a lasered pumpkin:

I don’t think I went deep enough for light to show through, so I’m probably going to have to carve away at the inside to make the wall thinner, if I want it illuminated.

20 Likes