Show me your mess

Feeling courageous? I want to see your Glowforge craft room mess. Here’s what my Glowforge is currently looking like, not it’s worst but it’s starting to pile up again lol.

16 Likes

You call that a mess?

This is a mess. And it doesn’t include the sublimation printer or heat press areas…

16 Likes

No. Not after seeing what you feel is a mess. I wouldn’t want to damage your psyche with what for me is routine. At a glance, you’d think a grenade went off in there. After entropy has had its way with the room it gets cleaned/organized when I can’t find what I’m looking for, then, it’s “All Stop”. Fix this. In the course of that, I find what I was looking for, set it aside and finish. Then I take a picture because it’s going to be a long time before it looks like that again.

Here’s a historical pic that is about halfway to disarray.

20 Likes

That’s a fine bench you have there.

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing. I know mine isn’t that bad right now. It’s definitely been worse lol

6 Likes

Ha ha. Crafting mess is the best. Thanks for sharing.

7 Likes

Nope.

I’m not sharing mine. The bar here is too high. :rofl:

14 Likes

This is great, makes me not feel so bad!

Some of that stuff has been sitting there for a VERY long time… now I feel like I really should clean this area up… (So much for not feeling bad…)

[Edit] Looking back at this picture, I missed most of the mess! You can’t see the floor in front of the :glowforge: or much of the shelf to the left or pile to the right.

This makes my office look a LOT cleaner than it actually is. Now I do feel better. :wink:

16 Likes

Oh good… It’s not just me. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

My niece once wisely said, never apologize for the space where you make cool stuff. I think she’s right.

19 Likes

I’d like to blame the move…but that was over a month ago and

14 Likes

And then figure out where you just set the thing you were looking for because when you set it aside things were in disarray and now with everything neatened up, it’s impossible to find again.

12 Likes

Oh no these all look like my “after” pictures :rofl:
I’m cozy at home for the night but maybe I’ll take a photo tomorrow. Maybe not though!

10 Likes

Only a month after…? That’s still a viable excuse.

5 Likes

A photo would not do the job. One of the shelves fell over on me and I propped it up and took most of the stuff off of it that got spread all over but have not had the ability yet to take the shelves apart , clean out the space and put the shelves back and try to organize what was on it so it does not fall over again.

I did manage to get a number of short plastic containers to organize my uncut wood similar to these…

6 Likes

Nope, not gonna show mine. I need to find the room first! After closing out my space in the shop I rented, everything came home to my craft room, except the shelves which my husband is going to redo for if/when we decide to do craft fairs. At this point, I barely have room on my table to even have my computer on it!

9 Likes

I saw this post, only AFTER I cleaned up my mess yesterday… I wish I had taken a before picture…but then again, when I make a mess, it’s huge. Somewhere in this forum is a photo of the fire hazard that is my house from when I get busy. This is a small sample from one machine. Now that I have 2 machines, it gets worse-exercise trampoline and the tops of the machines gets littered with materials…but I cleaned yesterday…so it looks awesome right now.

15 Likes

My workshop looks like what I envision harbor freight would if a tornado hit it. No way in heck I’m sharing a pic!!

11 Likes

That is what you cannot see in my photo. The stacks and stacks of scraps that are just big enough that I don’t want to throw them away, yet.

7 Likes

Love my mess

11 Likes