Show some love to your mail carrier

My USPS carrier has been hauling away outgoing shipments and dropping off heavy boxes of wood and acrylic without so much as a muttered complaint, so I decided to whip up this holiday gift to show my appreciation.

It’s available in two varieties: a small 2 x 2 x 3" box (perfect for a folded gift certificate or some chocolates), and a larger 4 x 4 x 5.5" version (which can hold several 50ml “nip” bottles). It’s sized for medium draftboard or 1/8" MDF, and it’s friction-fit for easy assembly.

You’re free to use these files any way you like, but please don’t resell the designs themselves.

Oh, by the way, the photos show the box holding cash and liquor filled chocolates, both of which USPS employees are forbidden to accept. Swap out a gift certificate under $20 and some conventional chocolates instead. (UPS and FedEx are under no such restrictions.)

Enjoy!

68 Likes

What a great design. Thank you for the share!

7 Likes

A really nice gift for the mail carrier.
That’s very beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

9 Likes

Great Idea, thanks for the share. Our postal carrier also goes out of her way to make sure our mail is delivered.

9 Likes

Very nice share. Turned out great!

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing

5 Likes

Our mail carrier will not be getting many presents as she has taken on the attitude of her most recent top boss. Not being able to make the several blocks to get the mail the previous carrier would deliver the box full every time it got over full. The current one just declared that the address was dead and sent everything to the dead letter office.

4 Likes

So sorry to hear that! Seems like some areas are customer-oriented, while others are doing the minimum required (yeah, new rules from the top allow this).

@Doppler , thanks for such a wonderful design.

6 Likes

I think this was individual mail carriers. Very much a case of individual empathy ability. But yes, attitude at the top filters down “fish rots from the head” and all that

3 Likes

Thank you. Very cool this and some fun socks for my carrier this year. She always wears funky socks…lol

5 Likes

Thank You for sharing

5 Likes

That’s cute. I live up north and our mailman seems to do his route by foot. Definitely worth some appreciation.

8 Likes

It’s adorable, and the perfect blue!

Thank you!

3 Likes

This was super fun to make and a great project for my kids. Thank you for sharing your file. We can not wait to give gifts to our usps and Amazon delivery person.

9 Likes

Ours has decided that anything that requires him to stop for more then 5 seconds gets marked unable to deliver. Ives had several packages go missing this year and many missing sent packages as well.

2 Likes

I wonder how much postal paraphernalia a post officer gets presented with.

Does it make them dream about work, which is unpaid work hours.

Maybe work dreams will get reimbursed in the metaverse.

This is a cool design. Thank you for designing and sharing. I like how the flexible hinge fits into the top in the photo, that is pretty neat.

6 Likes

You should be able to fit a small lump of coal in there.

4 Likes

Maybe I should laser engrave a middle finger on an envelope

3 Likes

Thanks so much for the share! A thoughtful idea ~ I’m sure it will be much appreciated.

1 Like

That is so nice! Thank you for the files. Love the sharing of kindness! Happy holidays to you!

3 Likes