Sierpinski Fractal Triangles, Classic and Cats

Here are two-piece acrylic Sierpinski triangle designs. The engraved 5th-order classic Sierpinski triangle design, constructed in Inkscape, is made to be free-standing, as is the 4th-order Cat design with [(3^N)-1]/2 = 40 cats in the clowder. Modifying either design to a single Sierpinski triangle with base to fit in an edge-lit LED fixture would display colors. The cat design might be used for a Halloween display having a TOP KITTY character.
IMG_5813
IMG_5817
Sierpinski dual triangles acrylic slotted star Christmas Tree V2  summary
Sierpinski dual cat triangles kitty on top summary
Remember to check the acrylic thickness and adjust the slot dimensions and kerf accordingly.

45 Likes

Stunning. Thank you!

8 Likes

Love this…thanks!

5 Likes

that’s so cool! Thank you for the designs. (The purrfect gift for my cat sitter.)

4 Likes

Interesting share. As always, thank you.
Tempted to put a pumpkin and turkey in the triangles for a trifecta. We will see…

5 Likes

Using any object instead of a cat is easy to make. I used a bit-mapped photo of my friend’s cat for another choice and a dog for another. Your idea to use three Halloween figures is nice.

4 Likes

Hey, thanks! Learned something new today.

5 Likes

Very nice design!

4 Likes

Interesting! Great share! Thanks.

4 Likes

Nice

4 Likes

Wow, thank you so much! My mom will love this!

3 Likes

Awesome, thank you!

2 Likes

Very cute! Thank you for sharing. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cool Christmas tree! Love fractals in all forms!

I experimented with Sierpinski Carpets on my Glowforge ~4 years ago…

This Christmas I went 3D with a Order 5 Sierpinski Pyramid on my Original Prusa MK3S+. It was a 25-hour print. The fine detail at Order 5 is mesmerizing—and transparent.

Maybe I need to add a Christmas star on top like you did! :sunglasses:

The 3D models are here.

7 Likes

Beautiful experiment. That 3D version is amazing!

1 Like

I’ve been fascinated by fractals for a long time (and I mean long). back in the late 1980’s I would lock up my computer for days to create one fractal image. Now I have an app on my phone that will create higher resolution, deeper fractal image in a matter of seconds.

5 Likes

My daughter will be traveling over the next year at least, so I can have her pack the cat tree in her luggage so she’ll have a tree where ever she is. Love this. Thank you.

4 Likes