Simple Fidget Toys

I’ve printed a few out as well, they along with printed chip clips are going to be a hit this holiday season

2 Likes

As a gift for a friend I made The One Fidget :slight_smile:

29 Likes

Ooooh! My Precious! :smiley: :squee:

4 Likes

That is completely awesome! :squee: love the way the black script turned out, looks great.

3 Likes

one beaRING to rule them all! So shiny & bolty!

7 Likes

Here is another DIY fidget toy!! (not laser) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrzQeMy0YZY

6 Likes
11 Likes

As you could probably guess from my online personality I rely on fidget like objects for focus. The engineer in me finds the smoothness of bearings and long spin times to be really cool. But the fidget side wants more feedback. A little vibration in the fingers is important which of course will cut down on the spin time. Some of my favorites are far more simple. Large ball bearings, yo-yos, skate board bearings fitted with buttons, etc. Yo-yos are the most satisfying. Yes I have a couple hand spinners and fidget cubes. (had a hand spinner in my hand when I saw this post). BTW: I broke my code of ethics and purchased a couple Chinese knockoff fidget cubes. Kinda felt bad about that but in defense I do have two on order from Antsy Labs.

Been thinking about simple designs using the Glowforge for some time. Nothing I can’t do using only my CNC but still plan on some experiments.

8 Likes

I made one of these the other day in a couple minutes while waiting for a compile. Its for 22mm bearings out of 1/4 acrylic. If anyone wants the file just let me know. I made it in fusion 360.

This PDF is designed to work with the kerf created on 1/4" acrylic. If you use wood you might have to modify the inner circles a little bit to get it to fit properly.
spinner2.pdf (64.9 KB)

24 Likes