Siser Easyweed HTV Engrave Settings

It seems like this is a great candidate for a hybrid approach: laser away the weeding on the fine text but then just kisscut the larger text.

This would save a ton of time, weeding the large letters would just take a few moments.

6 Likes

I would love to see a picture of the outcome! Did you engrave the material, or just do a kiss cut and manually weed it?

1 Like

I would say the laser and and vinyl cutter are about equivalent for most designs. The laser has the edge with detailed pieces that can not be weeded by hand. I would probably just use the vinyl cutter for simple designs, as it is a bit faster to get setup.

I completely agree @evansd2. I intended this to be a test of the engrave to see if it was possible, so I did the entire design. In practice the best (or fastest) approach would have been the hybrid, engrave the small text, and manual weed the larger text. However, because I was just setting the laser and walking away, it was nice it was 100% ready to go when I came back. It’s nice to have the flexibility.

Hmm, I never did intricate vinyl because of weeding him. Something new to try! I prefer sticker vinyl so need to find laser safe. I dont fo alot of shirts. I never got the hang of the ironing part

2 Likes

We engraved, kiss cut and cut. Doing larger work today.

16 Likes

Looks Amazing!

That’s what I did on my LaserFlex test.

Wow, I didn’t know easyweed htv could be used in the laser - that’s amazing, and great results. Off to go read through some materials sheets.

3 Likes

Probably too late, but Siser specifically says it can be used on a laser, so no sheet-reading required. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

not too late, that’s amazing, I can’t really get my mind around the no-weeding possibilities… (can you tell I am easily amazed)

3 Likes

Hello! I’m probably a little late to this but I got the engraving settings at
Speed: 1000
Power: 29
LPI: 450
#of passes: 1

It goes a bit faster than doing the 3 pases. I’m “cutting” something now that would be almost impossible to get it done with my cameo. I actually tried to cut this design but some of the details got lost, so engraving its the only way.

14 Likes

I’ll have to try those settings, thanks!

I’m a Silhouette user with a GF on the way next week. This blows my mind :exploding_head:

The hours of my life lost to weeding mandala designs is too much to think about.

Thank you for sharing your settings, I’m excited to try this out!

7 Likes

Thanks @cjbissonnette, @simplycielostore and @evermorian for your settings help. I used CJ’s settings plus SimplyCieloStore’s engrave settings (s1000 / p29 / lpi450 / x1; perfect for small elements).

I found it really convenient to color my elements the color of the HTV I would use. So for blue HTV, blue outlines became scores and filled blue elements were engraves.

11 Likes

that looks fantastic, nice work.

2 Likes

How did you do the two colors and the heat transfer to the hat? It turned out really well.

heat transfer to the hat was most likely done with a heat-press. There are multi-function heat-press units that have hat attachments, or there are stand alone ones. I use an older 2-station Geo Knight that I got off craigslist.

4 Likes

:open_mouth: WOW I don’t know how I missed this … you are my hero! I had no idea any kind of HTV could be laser safe … Thank you!!!

Thanks @dgurskis and @mnemosyne ! I use the Siser Easyweed HTV. I use the settings that you see in this post to “kiss cut” the transfer material (NOT the backing material) in reverse (mirror image). I do this for each color. Then I peel the colored sections that I don’t need off and discard them. That leaves me with the pieces that will go on the hat with the backer still attached.

To get the red “Z” in the middle, I place the Z and its backer in place on the sticky backer for the blue part and align it that way. Then I can put the whole assembly on the hat and use the heat press (correct @jbv) to fuse it. Let me know if I need to explain better.

I tried the engrave to remove smaller areas, but the residue ghosted onto the pieces, so I will avoid that. It would be fine on dark colors.

Here’s a hat that I did for the nature and drone photography side of my business.

4 Likes