Siser Easyweed HTV Engrave Settings

The secret is that this brand is not really vinyl. You need to be careful to check.

1 Like

Thanks for the additional details! started to get excited about the simplicity of doing this until I saw the specialized heat press. I will have to experiment to see if there is something I can rig using an iron.

Ahhh, that explains it. Thank you!

If youā€™re careful with temperature and even pressure, you could probably use a curled up towel inside the hat and an iron (no steam).

You can also find heat presses rather inexpensively, but not worth it for only one hat.

Thanks!

thank you, so much for sharing.

happy creating :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So far none of these settings have worked for me to engrave away instead of weeding. Iā€™m using black Siser and I get a cloud of black around the design. Iā€™ve tried every single setting here and adjusting it up or down a bit as well. Up to 30 different tests and not one has left the backing smooth like yours either, mine are pebbled afterwards, even going way down in power. Very puzzling.

That is unusual because I used these settings (and the three passes) and had good results. Are you using the set focus and is your material held down on a wasteboard or Seklema mat. Maybe there is something different about your design and the lpi settings.

1 Like

I used Set Focus, Taped my material to the crumb tray and tried using a backer as well. Iā€™ve used every LPI from 170-450. I asked someone else who said theyā€™ve never been able to achieve a smooth baker like this post shows, but at least havenā€™t had this cloud problem.

Well, shoot. This must be really frustrating and it looks like I was no help. When/if you get it figured out I hope you will share so someone else might have less misery!

Sorry you are not able to get better results. Iā€™ve used my original 3 pass method several times on black and red Siser to great results. I do have the pro model, so Iā€™m not sure if that would impact the power settings for the non pro version. I did want to clarify that the backing never gets super clear, like if you did a manual weed, but the residue left over does not impact the final results (for me anyway). The only thing I could suggest is to recreate my original test by creating 24 or so small boxes, set a LPI you want for the detail level, and walk up the power settings. Not sure if I conveyed this in the original post but its a super fine line between burning out the backing and getting good results. So if there is any variance in the machines I can see this being less successful for someone. I did want to confirm this has worked well for me, so it is possible, I just wish it wasnā€™t giving you such a hard time. Best of luck.

Only for full. Power settings below full are identical for all models.

2 Likes

have you experience with the score and cutting settings if so curious of your settings?

The settings are in the post you replied to:

engraving settings at
Speed: 1000
Power: 29
LPI: 450
#of passes: 1

4 Likes

I was referring to the settings if there is any for just 1 pass versus 3 for scoring and cutting?

Thatā€™ AWESOME info.

Hiā€¦ I just got my Machine two days ago still learning how to use the machine. I was wondering when you use vynal what do you put in the ā€œuse uncertified materialā€

Most vinyl contains PVC, which is not suitable for laser cutting. It releases hydrochloric acid vapor which will destroy your machine (and can be lethal).

There are laser-safe versions of adhesive sheet that are not vinyl. If you have those, then enter the material thickness in the ā€œuse uncertified materialā€ dialog.

2 Likes

Thank you so much I really appreciate the help. I wonā€™t be trying the vynal out lol.

So yesterday I also attempted to engrave on a stainless steal knife And it wasnā€™t doing anything it didnā€™t engrave I couldnā€™t get it to cut. I got so frustrated I stopped playing with the machine. Any advice?

One last question the little clips I see many glowforge using that holds objects in place, where can I purchased does?

I really appreciate your assistance, still learning to use the machine :frowning:

Yerica Rodriguez

You need to open your own discussion for these questions. This thread is about the Easyweed iron-on material.