Siser Easyweed HTV Engrave Settings

Use the search at the top of the site
for honeycomb pins and
Cermark.

2 Likes

Thank you

1 Like

GF won’t mark metal plain, it’s not powerful enough. As others said you need a marking compound like Cermark or Laserbond.

This will be helpful for my current project! Thank you!

What setting did you use for the Material used? If this works this could save my life!! I have 75 Koozies to do for a wedding and if I don’t have to cricut cut and waste half before i get all 75 I would be so happy

Thank you

It’s been five years since the OP made this post. The settings are listed in the original post.

7 Likes

I know it’s been a long time. I tried these settings and had to adjust a bit to 45 on the power.

That said, everything I’m doing seems to warp the paper which in turn means that the image is not being completed correctly. I end up with vinyl leftover in areas where it should have been removed.

It also takes a long time to do 3 passes on anything of size that you would use for a T-shirt.

Any ideas on how to better keep the paper from warping?

Which setting are you adjusting? If you went from power 15 to power 45 that is a substantial change.

1 Like

It is, however 15 power was literally doing nothing.

45 is too much but I wanted to see what it would do. I am thinking 20 or 25 on 3 passes will be good.

Maybe if I am cutting less it will warp less. I have it pinned down in the corners with magnets but really it is the smaller details that are getting missed.

Not sure if that is due to the warping.

And oddly enough, I just did two passes at 20 and it barely did anything and now 3 passes at 30 and the image is there but it definitely hasn’t gotten through the vinyl to the plastic at all.

Weird that 3 passes at 45 absolutely burned through the entire thing but 5 passes, 2x20 and 3x30 hasn’t even gotten through to the plastic backing.

I would use their proofgrade sheets but they are expensive and my experience with proofgrade settings has been pretty mediocre. I am not excited about messing up those sheets at like $10 per sheet.

Are you using this exact brand of Siser? How are you focusing? Is the material flat on the honeycomb tray or on top of something else? What lpi are you using?

1 Like

The engrave settings didn’t work well for me but the cut settings were perfect. This material is great too if you get the extra thin stretch version.

If you get it on to the shirt on a first pass, then let it cool, go back over it with butcher paper and push down pretty hard, you can get it to melt down into the shirt and it almost mimics a screen print.

I also found it to be more natural looking if I choose the matte colors. The standard colors have a shiny plastic look. They all feel good but the matte ones just look better IMO.

4 Likes