Sisyphus art table now has an ordering page

Not sure how I missed this the first time around:

Previously:

14 Likes

I visited the company that makes the PCB for it. They have one setup in the corner of their conference room and have it make the logo of whoever is visiting. It works better on some logos than others, but is totally cool no matter what.

5 Likes

Only $600 for the two-ball 15" version. Going on my Christmas list—for myself! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Hardwood table or go home, I say :wink:

Now where did I leave all that cash?

2 Likes

Just glad it’s enclosed or the cats would think it was a fancy litter box. :laughing:

8 Likes

. ++want
. --need

2 Likes

Yep, designed my 4 foot walnut table… Only $10k, or $327/mo.

1 Like

What’s interesting, is even having that as an option, means there will definitely be people willing to jump on that. I mean, it’s just a smart table, but it’s premium so there will be buyers for sure.

2 Likes

I’m sure there will be. I’m also sure that, short of me winning the powerball, I won’t be one of them…

1 Like

I’ve started collecting and printing the parts for this:

https://docs.v1engineering.com/zenxy/

What’s cool is one of the MPCNC regulars wrote some software for making the designs that works great. The ZenXY is a core xy design rather than polar, but produces some good stuff. One of the forum members is designing a scara arm version.

1 Like

If you could make a Gimp extension it could do it graphicly and then engrave any design you really like.

@marmak3261: I suspect that the anyone doing this—Sisyphus or not—will be challenged by keeping the device’s mechanisms absolutely silent—and therefore Zen-like. All of Sisyphus ’ videos are silent! I don’t want my $6K coffee table making grinding noises like a 3D printer (or a Glowforge)! Any comments on that w.r.t. what you are working on? :sunglasses:

1 Like

I’m not sure that’s a requirement. I mean, like you don’t occasionally stare at the Glowforge happily whirring away…

1 Like

Having seen one in person, I don’t recall any noise.

I agree silence would be a major feature.

i built one. the steppers made some noise early but as it got sealed up and I added some noise dampening materials on the underside of the big flat bed, it was not a factor. It sits 99% complete, I need to wrap it up and publish some proper videos.

8 Likes

The ZenXY does make noise and requires some work to lessen it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.