Sizes are coming out too small

Hi. I wasn’t having this issue yesterday, but I suddenly am. Of course the closer you get to a deadline, the more likely that new issues crop up, no?

In the enclosed files, the tabs are supposed to be 3.2mm by 3mm. What ends up printing is 2.8mm by 3mm.

My documents size before I export that SVG is 508x304.8mm. I am using Affinity Designer to create this.

The rest of the dimensions are about right, but the tabs are too small. I don’t understand how this is happening, so I thought I’d ask here.

.svg file inclosed.

micky-pattern-ear2.svg.zip (67.8 KB)

Run it out to a PDF instead and see if that helps. The GF will accept that file instead of an SVG.

Your outer perimeter has adjacent paths. The inner dimension matches your results, the outer your intentions.

1 Like

Again, Affinity Designer isn’t making that clear. Is does this get created when I export? Is it because my paths might be drawn with different directions?

ps. My other email is eflyingman@gmail.com. Are you an electric RCer?

The double lines are what you get when you do Layer --> Expand Stroke, which a lot of us use for adjusting kerfs, but then you have to delete the extra line that results. Maybe you just missed that step?

Used to be. I was admin and editor for ezonemag which became rcgroups.

Thanks for the answer @eflyguy, that’s right. I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!