Slat wall hooks

I wanted to do that but could not find a place . Secondarily I was looking for a place where I could put a motor-home inside and hook up the utilities.

2 Likes

A buddy of mine has his welding shop in a place that would be just what you’re looking for.

A friend’s husband owns a little warehouse complex that has more than one tenant who is also living in it. He has one of the buildings as his auto shop but he’s got another 8 units and half of them have garage type doors (but taller) and small office with great wide open spaces inside as well.

Moving your motorhome inside isn’t something I considered.

2 Likes

For you particularly to have a safe warehouse in a central place to have the tools and workshop and a leak-proof place of repair and refurbishment could be very valuable

Good point. We’re in a suburban town (10K families) and the companies here are mostly light industrial or a boatload of doctor/lawyer/accountant, etc types plus your normal retail.

Crime here is all about mailbox smacking, the occasional neighborhood break-in by someone caught the next day who also lives in the neighborhood. We average 1 murder every 100 years (true). Every area in town is a safe area :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Sounds lovely. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Sounds like Kennesaw, Ga where it unlawful NOT to have a gun in the household.

…unless you are a mailbox. …:neutral_face:

1 Like

It’s funny but our mailbox has been unmolested even though it should be an inviting target. It’s a 4 foot tall dragon. Been standing guard holding the mail for almost five years now.

4 Likes

I need to see a photo!!!

1 Like

Tomorrow. It’s dark out now :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

11 Likes

I like that! :sunglasses:

True story…when hubs was living with the practice wife, they resided in a rural area and the demolishing of mailboxes on weekends was apparently a very popular local pass time.

After the fourth mailbox gave its life in support of bored teenagers, he decided to put a stop to it. So he dug about a three foot hole, well off the road so passing motorists wouldn’t accidentally hit it, filled it with concrete, embedded a pipe, also filled with concrete, topped it off with a mailbox inside of a mailbox with concrete in between.

Couple of weeks later, late at night, the sound of a clang, and a screech, and the next morning…broken glass and a streak of paint on the still standing box told the story.

And it’s never been bothered again. (I guess word got around). :grin:

10 Likes

Hehehe, aren’t you lucky she worked out the kinks? I salute his retaliatory design technique. Instant karma.

6 Likes

We often joke about that. :smile:
(She might have missed a couple, I still can’t get him to slow down enough to eat without burning himself, but they’re fairly minor.)

3 Likes

Oh, I NEED one of those!

Deep down inside I have always known that somewhere in a parallel universe there is a me who is a dragon rider. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I was wondering what might be devised to put in his/her hands…

3 Likes

Yeah, I wondered that too!

2 Likes

That’s both disturbing and cool.

2 Likes

Perhaps a giant toothpick to get the Mail out from getting stuck in his teeth

I made a sculpture of that some years ago using a broken lance to pick out the mail.

2 Likes

A very bright red-orange LED in the throat combined with a movement sensor might be interesting as well.

3 Likes