Slate Garden Signs

My Daughter needed some signs for the raised garden boxes the nonprofit cafe she manages grows vegetables in. The sight on Amazon says to use chalk to label them but the problem with that is rain erases them. With my Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation superpower - I can do better! :sunglasses:

Black slate gives a great contrast, permanent and weatherproof. The signs hang from a stainless rods that stick in the ground.

67 Likes

Wow! Mineral oil coating required? :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Yeah, should have mentioned that. Wiped with “Stone Enhancer” prior to engraving, that really darkens the stone and gives more contrast, besides a degree of waterproofing.

6 Likes

And your source for these magic pieces of slate was _____________. :sunglasses::glowforge:

2 Likes

Amazon.

5 Likes

They look most excellent! :smiley:

4 Likes

Oh, very nice!

4 Likes

These look amazing!

3 Likes

Superb! Slate is by far my favorite engraving medium.

3 Likes

LOVE that!

3 Likes

Tis my superpower, compared to my laser-less friends and family…

3 Likes

HAHHAHA Is that what we are calling the magic slate elixir now? I approve :sunglasses:

3 Likes

“Stone Enhancer” was a remnant from my job of 600 SF of slate tile installed in the house. I suspect it’s primary constituent is mineral oil. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Yeah, but mineral oil only sells for a few bucks a bottle, “Stone Enhancer” is at least double that so I’m sure it’s much better! :rofl:

2 Likes

Without a doubt. :roll_eyes:

Thanks for this! In the advertisement, it appears that silver Sharpie was used. Ha! If they only knew…

1 Like

with a decent masking and a bit of this…

I would expect really stunnng.(I bought the same from Ace)

2 Likes

having just done some rattle can painting recently. I am amazed at the quality that can be achieved now with the finish.

45 years ago my bikes would have looked so much better with this level of finish. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lol chalk is for amateurs! Those look Great!!

2 Likes

Had to laugh… I just clinked through on the link and saw the price of $29.95… and didn’t see the " Set of 10" embedded in the product description. So I thought "WOW… PTL must be selling a good bit of (high-margin) lasered stuff! (Then I looked more closely, and under $3.00 / slate seems like a great deal, especially with the metal rods… and delivered with Prime!)

But regardless of the price, what a great Dad you are!

5 Likes