Small Snap Together Box with Lid

First Posting Here! I am loving my GF and have a lot of designs to post in the coming weeks.

Finished the prototype for a small keepsake box with a lid. I really like to work to create things that require no glue but still look pretty cool. The box is 3" H x 5" Square. This is in PG Medium Draftboard and takes a little over 5 mins to run. I laid out the pieces to fit on one sheet with a little left over. I have also attached the photos of how it snaps together. You will have to play with it a bit when sliding the sides down but once you get them down the tabs will snap tight. For the lid, there is a small “key” that locks the handle in place so the lid won’t slide or warp. I hope you like it.! Let me know how it works out for you!

IMG_9996|375x500

BoxDesignDraftboard.svg.zip (1.8 KB)

76 Likes

Totally cool! (I love seeing how connectors go together.) :grinning:

5 Likes

Thanks! Screwed up the first post but zipped the file and added it!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the file. How nice of you to share a design with your very first post. I look forward to seeing your projects.

8 Likes

:partying_face: Welcome !:tada:
A very ingenious approach.
:champagne: Better than bringing a bottle of wine to the party

9 Likes

Thanks! And I would bring beer. :wink:

5 Likes

Really innovative, I love latches!

4 Likes

Thanks!

You started out with a bang! :champagne:
First post - welcome to the forum!
Novel new design - very cool!
Sharing for free as well - totally awesome!
:star::star::star::star::star:

3 Likes

Thanks!
There are so many things you can do with a basic box design. Here is a candle holder I made from the same box just without the lid.

I hope everyone expands on the design!

29 Likes

Lovely - very delicate design.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the design. Bringing gifts to the first post. What a guy.

This is a good design that is versatile in many ways.

5 Likes

Nice design! Well done!

3 Likes

I have done similar but if you are using LED candles there is no reason to avoid the lid.

9 Likes

I love that your first post was a gift to the community! Nicely done. And that connector is just so clever.

5 Likes

Thank you! I love reinventing the wheel to find a better way. Lol

1 Like

Thank you for the great design. I decided to reuse my calibration sheet to make the box. It turned out pretty cool!

18 Likes

Good idea!

That looks great!

1 Like

Thank you so much! Love the connector! Excellent work … and you are so very kind to share!

4 Likes