Snack trays shadowbox style

I used the proofgrade thick clear acrylic for the plates. Thinking the medium thickness might break in usage.

3 Likes

Oh yes, I remember seeing your post last year, thinking at the time I’d never be able to do that!!! Now here we are less than a year later. Back then I was still figuring out how to make a simple keychain. :grin:. Yes, there is great satisfaction in figuring these things out and when it finally all lines up just right. I still marvel at myself that I was actually able to make this - thanks to :glowforge:.

3 Likes

Oh yes!!! Wish I was there with you! Love the one especially with the rainbow reflection. great shot!

1 Like

Haha! I was thinking I’d enjoy it as a piece of art till Christmas time when I intent to give these to a few select (read worthy) recipients with the caution not to stick them in the dishwasher, not to cut on them with a knife, and to be sure to eat from the smooth side. I suspect that most people won’t use it on a daily basis.

3 Likes

Lovely job … love the trays and the stand!

2 Likes

This is impressive, is the tray file blank available?

1 Like

@curvygirlsarechic, please note that it is against forum rules to ask for any files, even blank template ones. However, I don’t mind sharing this one. Here it is:
snack trays blank.svg.zip (1.3 KB)

4 Likes

p.s. I hope you share with us what you come up with! :grinning:

4 Likes

I was not aware of that thanks for sharing much appreciated!

4 Likes

Sorry I didn’t know I won’t break the rules again… thanks for sharing with me!

3 Likes

Not to worry, it happens a lot to new people who get excited about making stuff! Enjoy.
If you read through this post, you’ll find the necessary info re materials used.

3 Likes

Awesome work…and great inspiration to start that work rolling. You’ve got more layers than Shrek in that work…and its better than a parfait. Love the work, and the rounded edges. Ithaca is a little far from the ocean, but that should keep bringing you back

1 Like

Those would make great snack trays at a wine tasting event!! I could market those around here very easily :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like