Snack trays shadowbox style

I used the proofgrade thick clear acrylic for the plates. Thinking the medium thickness might break in usage.

3 Likes

Oh yes, I remember seeing your post last year, thinking at the time I’d never be able to do that!!! Now here we are less than a year later. Back then I was still figuring out how to make a simple keychain. :grin:. Yes, there is great satisfaction in figuring these things out and when it finally all lines up just right. I still marvel at myself that I was actually able to make this - thanks to :glowforge:.

3 Likes

Oh yes!!! Wish I was there with you! Love the one especially with the rainbow reflection. great shot!

1 Like

Haha! I was thinking I’d enjoy it as a piece of art till Christmas time when I intent to give these to a few select (read worthy) recipients with the caution not to stick them in the dishwasher, not to cut on them with a knife, and to be sure to eat from the smooth side. I suspect that most people won’t use it on a daily basis.

3 Likes

Lovely job … love the trays and the stand!

2 Likes

This is impressive, is the tray file blank available?

1 Like

@curvygirlsarechic, please note that it is against forum rules to ask for any files, even blank template ones. However, I don’t mind sharing this one. Here it is:
snack trays blank.svg.zip (1.3 KB)

5 Likes

p.s. I hope you share with us what you come up with! :grinning:

4 Likes

I was not aware of that thanks for sharing much appreciated!

4 Likes

Sorry I didn’t know I won’t break the rules again… thanks for sharing with me!

3 Likes

Not to worry, it happens a lot to new people who get excited about making stuff! Enjoy.
If you read through this post, you’ll find the necessary info re materials used.

3 Likes

Awesome work…and great inspiration to start that work rolling. You’ve got more layers than Shrek in that work…and its better than a parfait. Love the work, and the rounded edges. Ithaca is a little far from the ocean, but that should keep bringing you back

1 Like

Those would make great snack trays at a wine tasting event!! I could market those around here very easily :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I hear ya! I could bring the watermelon margaritas…or sugared pecans or cheesecake…those we kind of got mastered…but the GF…these people make me look like a first day rookie. :wink: …but I love seeing all the designs! …uh I didn’t get a calendar invite … :astonished:

2 Likes

Is there a link for this acrylic snack tray file (lighthouse/ship)

Hi @picsnstuff4u! The blank file is available further up: Snack trays shadowbox style
The artwork is not my own so can’t share that.
By the way, it is against forum rules to ask for files if they are not freely given. You can find those in the Free Design section.
Enjoy your Glowforge!

3 Likes

This is really cool - great job on the design and execution!

2 Likes

Oh my, its wonderful !! Ifall in love with your idea… what settings did you use? Thanks!!!

1 Like

Just the standard settings for proofgrade acrylic.

1 Like

Thanks

2 Likes