Snapmarks Missing ... accident or paywalled?

I’ve not been using my machine for a couple months after getting it repaired, loaded up a file today and noticed the snapmarks option was missing. Looked around the forums and cannot seem to get a firm idea if this was an accident since I previously had access to the feature or if it was removed so as to be placed behind the new premium paywall.

I realize that it wasn’t in the original promised feature set from the kickstarter, but it certainly is a handy feature. Not $50/month handy though, but I would be willing to pay a one-time fee per machine or owner to have access to it.

1 Like

Did you have Snapmark after your machine was repaired, or is this the first time you’ve looked for it? If I understand correctly, it was enabled on specific machines and doesn’t get applied to replacements.

If you had it and it just went away, it’s an interesting question. I don’t think anything has been officially announced about what happens to existing Snapmark users who don’t upgrade to Premium, or whether the Snapmark software will be made available to subscribers in the future. (Previously, the rollout had stopped, but those who already had it could keep it.)

They did announce that Pro Passthrough is now available for everyone (with a Pro). Also, there’s currently a 50% discount on Premium.

1 Like

I’m fairly certain it was on the replacement machine because after setting up the wifi I poked around the UI, saw there was more premium trial options and don’t recall seeing the option missing. Difference between now and then is today I purposefully was looking for the feature and last month I was just giving the UI a once over.

Not paywalled yet as they’re still officially in limited beta. I’d be inclined to believe your repaired machine doesn’t have them enabled yet.

I’m so sorry that you’ve hit this snag! I’ve extracted the log files from your replacement unit, and it was not enabled like your original unit. We’ve made a small exception, and performed a change on our end.

When you have a moment, could you please reboot your Glowforge, and let us know if Snapmarks is now available?

4 Likes

Yes, now it’s back. Thank you very much!

1 Like

I’m glad that resolved it! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!