Snowflake Ornament Gift Box - Personal Use

What a beautiful box! Thank you for sharing.

2 Likes

I can’t wait to try it out!! I’ll upload a photo if/when I complete it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome!! Can’t wait to see it!

That is one great box. Thank you for posting this! I like your hinges.

2 Likes

That’s gorgeous, thank you so much for sharing!

2 Likes

Thank you! I developed them for the Barn file and have been using them ever since. They just seem to work great no matter how I use them. They are pretty low-profile!

3 Likes

You are welcome! Please let me know if you have any questions with the file.

1 Like

This is absolutely stunning! Thank you so much!

1 Like

You are welcome! And Welcome to the Community! It’s an awesome group of designers and makers!

1 Like

This is beautiful! I am new and tried to print this but it wouldn’t open. Am I doing something wrong?

If you mean you couldn’t open the box, did you follow the assembly instructions? They are quite detailed.

If you mean you couldn’t open the file, then yes, you are doing something wrong. The file is fine. Download it, unzip it, then upload each file to the Glowforge UI and print onto your materials. It takes a number of steps as it contains a lot of parts (as documented in the detailed instructions.)

1 Like

Ty

Sorry about that, which file wouldn’t open? There are multiple files in the folder once you unzip it.

Thank you I will retry after work. It is beautiful and want to try as a gift for my granddaughter.

1 Like

I guess the question is did you unzip the file you downloaded from here? I am still a little confused as to what you couldn’t print.

1 Like

It’s such a pretty design on the panels!
I did mine in PG walnut with silver paint and cherry veneer strips (didn’t have enough walnut veneer). The hinges worked perfectly, but finally ran into trouble with the lock. The little half star inserts wouldn’t fit, as my materials were thicker than yours. Tried sanding down the pieces, but still too tight; tried clear acrylic, but still too thick. Finally just extended the hole in the locking mechanism and that worked like a charm. Now my sister wants one!!!

15 Likes

That looks amazing! I knew you would do a great job with it!!!

2 Likes

I think your notion to cover up the tabs with veneer strips is just genius!

2 Likes

I am all about glueing stuff to a box! LOL

1 Like

I took a slightly different approach. Thank you for the wonderful design. I haven’t made the ornaments yet.

18 Likes