Snub Dodecahedron

Back on Polyhedrals! This UW Madison Memorial Union Terrace Chair sunburst designed Snub Dodecahedron was made with Proofgrade basswood and Romark colorshop wood. This one has been in the works for like 5 months, and finally spent some time finishing it this weekend.

For reference

51 Likes

Strangely I have been working on a snub dodecahedron today too. Yours is much more finished than mine, we’ll see if I post it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

nice

3 Likes

So nice, want to pick it up.

3 Likes

That is weird. I’ve been tinkering with this one for a while but my 3D printer was out of commission for a few months, and just recently got it back. I don’t think I got the internals exactly right but it all came together. This one might be my favorite shape so far. I have another new polyhedral in the works, but I’m trying to figure out what to put on the outside.

2 Likes

I’m so jealous of the people who have these. It’s not on my “need” list of things, but it’s definitely on my “WANT” list haha

Awesome project, thanks for sharing it.

4 Likes

What’s the diameter of the final piece?

1 Like

About 12", but I’d have to go measure it to be exact.

2 Likes

Outstanding!

3 Likes

Actually my mistake, I am not making a snub dodacahedron, I am making a variation on a truncated icosahedron. Polyhedra passing in the night.

1 Like

So many beautiful projects, so little time.

5 Likes

Wow! The colors are perfect with the design.

3 Likes

Cool design - love how the connectors fit in with the rest of it.

2 Likes

That’s really gorgeous!

1 Like

I didn’t need it, but now that I have it, it runs almost non-stop for different things. Just get one, you’ll love it.

1 Like

My birthday is just a couple of weeks away… Might be a good enough reason to get one :thinking:

3 Likes

These are so gnarly looking! Very cool!

2 Likes

It is gorgeous with all the color!!! Love them!

1 Like

Too bad I can only give this one “like”! It looks amazing!

2 Likes

Looks great!

1 Like