So Toasty - Bread Based Experimentation

Had a rotten day at work so I got home and decided to get wild and crazy with my forge (lovingly named Adrian Pew-Mento for those Brooklyn 99 fans out there)

I saw MadeWithForge post toast (heh) on their Instagram so I had to give it a try. Ended up using 1000speed/60power on a .5" thick piece of white bread. It didn’t etch very legibly but it was very fun to try (and I had to stop myself from eating it about 5 times)

30 Likes

Sell it on Ebay!!
:smile:

6 Likes

Love the instructions! :smile:

4 Likes

I see a whole line of celebrity silhouette toasts… Elvis… Marilyn Monroe… James Dean.

5 Likes

Also, no to the mayo. Ick.

4 Likes

Oh man, it’s the best, instead of buttering the bread I use mayo. It gets so extra crispy

But I know mayo is a divisive ingredient :joy:

7 Likes

Damn straight! Miracle Whip is better on a cheese sandwich. (Slice or two of apple or pear too.) :wink:

3 Likes

Mayo is the devils condiment. Not even once.

:slight_smile:

6 Likes

Satan’s Sandwich Spread could be quite a branding choice

6 Likes

Not their best work, the absolute best these guys did was eagles are turning people into horses.

3 Likes

Jesus Toast for sure needs to be my next bread project :joy:

3 Likes

Awe, I thought mayo instead of butter to toast the bread was my secret ingredient.

6 Likes

I’m just glad to see I’m not alone in Camp Mayo!

5 Likes

Not even mayo.

4 Likes

I bought Miracle Whip by accident once but such BDSM is not my kink. At the moment Avocado Mayo is the preference, but not in every situation.

4 Likes

I’ll chime in for mayo… Was given Miracle Whip as a kid at a friend’s house and thought their mayo had gone bad. Ate it anyway to be polite, since no-one else complained. To this day it still tastes like mayo gone south to me.

My wife’s 99 year old grandmother remembers when they first got access to mayo when she was a tot. It was such a treat they would get a spoonful to eat if they were behaving themselves.

3 Likes

Oh man… Now I need to try engraving a slice of avocado!

2 Likes

Happy cake day!!!

3 Likes

I’d say you toasted your rotten day away!

Never had mayo or Miracle Whip on grilled cheese. Miracle Whip for most sandwiches, especially tomato sandwiches.

Mayo on a sandwich, or to dip fries in.

3 Likes

I haven’t had Miracle Whip in a very long time, I think I need to go get some just to remind myself :joy:

1 Like