Software issues cutting uncertified material

Has anyone else run into this issue. When I select uncertified material the go to the next page to enter the thickness of my material all the buttons are grayed out and will not respond. Then I tried selecting a similar proof grade material and when I manually try to change the cut settings and hit the back button all the settings revert back to the proof grade settings. I am trying to set the speed and power manually in order to cut some plywood but the software will not accept my settings and always defaults to the proof grade settings. I have a order for six signs that I cannot fill unless I get this issue fixed. Anyone have any ideas?

Don’t hit the back button – just click off the flyout window. Hitting “back” is meant to go back to the PG settings.

1 Like

Does it say “unknown” in the material field? If so, you should be able to enter a thickness. If you can’t, I’d just ignore what it says in the material field, position your material on the bed, use “set focus” and then enter your speed and power settings manually.

When I do that it goes back to engrave and not cut. So far the only I can get it to go back to cut is by hitting the back button but then it defaults to proof grade settings.

I’ve had that happen to me before. I go back to my desktop of designs, close the browser and open it up again and go to the app URL and then it works. I think something is getting hung up in the browser and this fixes it.

Is it a vector that you are trying to cut? It will only cut vectors.

I think I figured it out. When I would go to cut and manually enter my settings then click on the work area it still showed the engrave symbol instead of a cut symbol in the left hand column. I hit the print button and it was obvious by the time to print that it was actually a cut. I tested it and it was indeed a cut despite the symbol showing an engrave.

Thanks for the help.

I think I figured it out. When I would go to cut and manually enter my settings then click on the work area it still showed the engrave symbol instead of a cut symbol in the left hand column. I hit the print button and it was obvious by the time to print that it was actually a cut. I tested it and it was indeed a cut despite the symbol showing an engrave.

Thanks for the help.

Larry

If clearing your cache doesn’t fix that, support will want to know about it. I’ve found that usually, though, when the app starts being wonky it’s a browser issue rather than a software problem. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I can see that you’ve also reached out via email and that our support team has contacted you there. To avoid duplicate communication and expedite your process, I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.