Solid Amber/Orange Light

My glowforge is displaying a solid amber light. What does that mean and how do I resolve it?

1 Like

At its root, that means a machine fault of some type.

The most common causes seem to be: temperature related, either too warm or too cold. Do you have a Basic, Plus or Pro? What’s the temperature near the intake of the machine? Any sunlight streaming into the machine causing a greenhouse effect?

The other common cause seems to be a bad connection where the ribbon cable connects to the laser head. If not temperature, go ahead and check that. Unplug it. Make sure you don’t have any bent pins, and reconnect the cable - you should have a click when it’s seated.

8 Likes

I had that and noted that after the cut was finished and it returned the head fan had not shut off. I rebooted and the problem has not returned (Yet :worried:)

Another common source of the problem is a problem where the ribbon fits into the head and making sure it is clean tight and no pins are bent can be a permanent fix.

2 Likes

Thank you so much. I can’t believe I didn’t notice that the ribbon cable had become disconnected. I reconnected it and it works fine.

5 Likes

Thanks for the answer, @jbmanning5, that’s right. I’m glad to hear that got you back up and printing! I’m going to close this thread - if you run into any other trouble, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!

1 Like

I am having this same issue. amber light is on and the UI states that it is too hot to print. it is currently 69 degrees F here in the room with the GF and I have a fan blowing on the right hand side of the printer.

You should start your own thread in problems & support. They may not read this one tagged onto an older thread. Starting your own thread starts a new support ticket.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.