Solid Orange Light

I did an engraving on the 16th. Today I went to do another one. The GF turns on but sits at a solid orange light.

I’ve checked the ribbon connections per the guide.

I’ve ensured the room was cool.

I’ve reset the wifi.

I’ve let it sit unplugged too.

So far no change. Webapp stuck at focusing.

PLEASE don’t just copy and past the same guides I already followed. Pull my logs and tell me what the machine is telling. It would be nice as an end user to look at our own logs.

Support does not participate here.

If you want your logs pulled, you need to email or call them.

You can download your own logs, the process has been posted here before. They are, well, substantial and not designed for user consumption.

3 Likes

We aren’t pulling any logs… GF staff will have to do that and they don’t monitor the forums any more. Call or email them with detail.s

3 Likes

Here is how you can pull the files yourself.

The sample I have is around 22MB.

3 Likes

Logs don’t scare me. I’ve perused enough of them over the past 40 years.

Anyhow, there were several network related errors and few specific to that cursed IPv6. I disabled that on my network.

Now I’m getting feedback from the GF. It’s complaining it is “Too Cold” sigh. I’ll turn the heat back on in the shop and see what happens.

Temp specs are listed

• Recommended Operating Temperature: 60F-75F (16C-24C) Basic and Plus; 60F-81F (16C-27C) Pro
2 Likes

Consider what is actually happening. There are sensors in the head that report to the main control through that white cable. The sensor could have a problem, a clip on the way to the white cable may have a bad connection, or other sensors put to use the orange light since the original machines (like the carriage fan working) could be telling you there is a problem, or there could be something overheating the head and not the ambient air that was the problem. If you turn the machine on and the orange light comes on no matter the temperature of the room then it is not the air temperature in the room, (though that is a first thing to check.)

If you check what you can check and take photos of what you have checked, what the screen is saying then reply to the email they sent you (rather than sending another one) with that or any other information they send you.

The good thing about a Glowforge is that you don’t have to be a master of mechanics, electronics, and programming spending all your time doing those things. The bad part of the same fact is that much of it is a black box that you can’t do them. There are few user fixable parts so if you cannot replace a part (like the carriage assembly) the whole machine needs to go back to the factory.

Therefore the main thing you can do is to make really sure that is the case, rather than presuming that is the case.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.