Hi everyone. Here’s another little problem I solved at home this week. The bed frame in our guest room was missing one post cap. It should look like this:
But looked like this instead:
That is not the classy look I am going for. However, an unsightly furniture blemish is no problem when you have a Glowforge!
I decided to use two old crustal doorknobs to spruce up the finials at the head of the bed. I took a few measurements and quickly printed out a couple of pieces on the GF to hold it together.
My favorite part of this was printing simple dowels that were sized to fit the thread in the bottom of the door knobs and help anchor them to the bed posts.
After staining the plywood to match the bed, a little work with a drill and some wood glue left me with this classy number: