Somebody go buy this

Really nice!

1 Like

I really like that they label everything! I only wish they had 1/4 inch stuff.

1 Like

He resaws everything himself. Send him an email (address earlier in thread) and I’ll bet he’ll cut some 1/4” to order.

1 Like

Hmm actually address in the other thread. @geek2nurse crossed some streams here.

Here’s the other post I was referring to:

1 Like

Oops, sorry!

Useful for you veneer buyers:

3 Likes

Got my veneers yesterday! I don’t know what the dark one (upper left) is…I can’t find it in my order list. (EDIT: Looking at his other listings, I think it might be fumed oak.) The others are Padouk (red), East Indian Rosewood (purple), Birdseye Maple (white), and Walnut Burl (brown).

The Padouk has a cool streak at one end that @evansd2 would probably have a totally creative use for.

He also included a “dead sample;” I don’t know what that means. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

EDIT: He says this is Madrona burl. It’s mounted on 2-ply poplar backing; he included it so I could try it out on my Glowforge.

8 Likes

oooo those are pretty!

1 Like

your “dead sample” is my second fav of what you got (behind the walnut burl and just ahead of the birdseye maple).

1 Like

Man that walnut burl. I should have bought some before I posted it. And yes that stripe is tasty, I’m sure you’ll do something fun with it too.

1 Like

a “living sample” is a whole tree, but those don’t flat-pack well.

5 Likes

You people are evil. My wallet suffers…

2 Likes

ugh. Mine has gotten lost. hopefully it will find its way to me next week some time.

1 Like

You should glowforge up a lost-veneer poster. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

These are lovely!

1 Like

New one: fumed eucalyptus. Ugh, I have to stop buying materials.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fumed-Eucalyptus-Raw-Wood-Veneer-5-x-42-inches-E7318-2/233002323899?hash=item3640054fbb:g:b7IAAOSwatBb6PAT:rk:4:pf:0

2 Likes

Ugh. Still haven’t received mine. Kinda sad about it.

Huh, I got mine pretty quickly… have you heard from the seller at all?

I have not. I have a tracking number, but it left Louisville, KY on the 5th and it has been in transit ever since. I know I’m hard to get to, but this is a little crazy. I’ve been patient. As the Post Office is in my building, I’ll likely go ask them about it.

So update. Mine got lost. I waited quite a while, but the seller was very responsive and refunded my money almost immediately when I finally asked when we should try to deal with it. I’ll try again next week when I don’t have a holiday to contend with.

1 Like