Somebody go buy this

The fumed oak was tasty too:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fumed-Oak-Raw-Wood-Veneer-Sheets-8-x-20-inches-1-42nd-thick-4712-17/232812386125

1 Like

I went with these…

3 Likes

Yeah that ebony caught my eye too. Good choices.

1 Like

I have two great pieces of solid Gaboon ebony one about an inch and an eighth and the other perhaps 3/4" thick in Orlando if they have not been made off with, but If I can get them (and a lot more) it will be fun trying to make thinner pieces from them.

Got my second order from deer56hunter. Lots of pretty colors!

10 Likes

How’s the quality of this batch?

Really nice!

1 Like

I really like that they label everything! I only wish they had 1/4 inch stuff.

1 Like

He resaws everything himself. Send him an email (address earlier in thread) and I’ll bet he’ll cut some 1/4” to order.

1 Like

Hmm actually address in the other thread. @geek2nurse crossed some streams here.

Here’s the other post I was referring to:

1 Like

Oops, sorry!

Useful for you veneer buyers:

3 Likes

Got my veneers yesterday! I don’t know what the dark one (upper left) is…I can’t find it in my order list. (EDIT: Looking at his other listings, I think it might be fumed oak.) The others are Padouk (red), East Indian Rosewood (purple), Birdseye Maple (white), and Walnut Burl (brown).

The Padouk has a cool streak at one end that @evansd2 would probably have a totally creative use for.

He also included a “dead sample;” I don’t know what that means. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

EDIT: He says this is Madrona burl. It’s mounted on 2-ply poplar backing; he included it so I could try it out on my Glowforge.

8 Likes

oooo those are pretty!

1 Like

your “dead sample” is my second fav of what you got (behind the walnut burl and just ahead of the birdseye maple).

1 Like

Man that walnut burl. I should have bought some before I posted it. And yes that stripe is tasty, I’m sure you’ll do something fun with it too.

1 Like

a “living sample” is a whole tree, but those don’t flat-pack well.

5 Likes

You people are evil. My wallet suffers…

2 Likes

ugh. Mine has gotten lost. hopefully it will find its way to me next week some time.

1 Like

You should glowforge up a lost-veneer poster. :slight_smile:

2 Likes