Something I didn't really need

But, inspired by this:

I have this transom window over my front door that had precarious mullions with pins that kept falling out. So after I saw that post, it got me thinking maybe I could do something similar.

I think this would have looked better if I had the patience to make it out of baltic birch and painted, but I had proofgrade so there you go. It is the first thing I have done and cut that fit the first time with only a one panel cardboard prototype. I bet it would have been even cooler with a passthrough, but I think it turned out pretty well.

I am finding that doing projects on the Glowforge is good for my soul… What on earth can I do tomorrow? :slight_smile:

45 Likes

Make some more elaborate panels (look at some of the kumiko designs shared here or on the web) for the side-light panels.

3 Likes

It’s gorgeous!

Tomorrow you can make a new enclosure for your doorbell mechanism that matches the transom. I keep meaning to do that and keep forgetting.

5 Likes

Nicely done. Tomorrow you can do light switch covers.

4 Likes

I need to play with those - but we have special Control4 switches so I need to get my caliper out and draw the file in Illustrator

1 Like

This is so cool! Great job! I’m inspired now haha.

3 Likes

Great project!

3 Likes

Ohhhhh, nice job!

2 Likes

I feel that. Sooo much. Love this machine.

Nice work!

2 Likes

Hello, just curious if you have had any success with the Control4 buttons and engraving them. I’ve been playing with them for 2 months and just can not seem to get it to work.

The engraved buttons you get from C4 are different to the blank buttons - so it’s not as simple as just engraving them.

You can buy engraved buttons from your C4 dealer - if you don’t have a dealer contact www.automagically.com who can order theM for you.

:+1: