It’s the same on the other side…

107 Likes

wow…That’s so cool!

7 Likes

Wow this is fantastic!

7 Likes

I have been trying to figure out something similar
:heart_eyes:
How tall is it? Getting the cross pieces to work has been a big issue for me thinking I need a table router has been a major block. I can easily imagine the engraving alone taking 200 hours.

6 Likes

That is beautiful, a one-of-a-kind piece. Thanks for sharing.

7 Likes

That is amazing. Great job!

5 Likes

It’s 72 X 72 inches.

6 Likes

That is amazing! I love this!

Did you design and build the whole thing, or just engrave the panels? (Either way it is awesome!)

6 Likes

Beautiful result for your 200 hours of labor!

9 Likes

Wow, amazing!

8 Likes

Now that … is a work of art! You must be proud.

7 Likes

well done!

we are looking at doing the same thing. though ours will likely contain pictures. I am going to have a significant amount of narrow strips following the mockup of my pool table light

6 Likes

Super cool

2 Likes

The image of the dragon is picked on the web but the whole thing is home made from Québec cedar. I engraved the image on both sides and cut the 32 panels on my GF. The jointure are tenons and mortises, the finish is tung oil.

12 Likes

Amazing

2 Likes

It was incredible already, but knowing that you hand made the whole thing is even more incredible!

Calculating the spacing for the images would be hard enough for most. Did it take a few tries, or did you “measure twice” the first time and get it all perfect the first try?

(Again, very amazing and beautiful work!)

7 Likes

So beautiful! All the love and hours that went into it are very apparent.

5 Likes

That is my plan also, though the panels would be very different. What did you use to accomplish that?
:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Impressive!!

4 Likes

Patience… cedar, woodworking techniques, gf is very good at cutting cedar

2 Likes