Something new for Maker Faire

Yay for one-point resolution on the trace feature. I was starting to get sadly resigned to a world of standard-point Sharpies for drawing. My style would’ve been sorely cramped.

8 Likes

I am excited to see you guys in action this weekend!

2 Likes

I’ll be there on Sunday with my family. Can’t wait to show them the magical device that will be arriving in my Bot Cave in a couple of months!

4 Likes

Someone please draw a test pattern so we can get an idea of alignment / detail levels / accuracy :wink:

1 Like

Well, I digitally designed a luggage tag. I like it quite a bit, and I hope it turns out. I’ll post pics once I get it cut! I also just printed out blanks of the other sheets in case I want to do something freehand.

6 Likes

Hrm… I had the same thought in passing before I opened up the file.

@dan… how many different cut parameters can we define? Do we just get a single “Everything not white is engraved” pass, or can we plan for some cuts and various depth engraves?

3 Likes

because I was board…

22 Likes

This is awesome!

3 Likes

I think we have to assume that we get basic engrave only. They are trying to demo to many people, and won’t have time to sit with each person to go over which lines are cuts, etc…

1 Like

Nice!

1 Like

Are they going to attempt streaming again at this event?

2 Likes

This is great! Will do, and see you on Sunday!

2 Likes

@castirongames on instagram for updates throughout the day!

11 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

No updates or photos yet?

Here’s my luggage tag!

29 Likes

Oh man, That’s pretty cool. . .

4 Likes

Nice! Any close up shots?
How bad were the lines at the glowforge booth?

2 Likes

I didn’t realize someone started a photos thread, so I’ll post new content there.

Lines weren’t bad at 10:15 this morning. Now I’d say it’s an hour wait probably, though most prints won’t take as long as mine did.

3 Likes