Somewhat Comprehensive Testing of Settings for Cutting Paper and Cardstock

Thanks so much! Very helpful :grinning:

Hello…was wondering if anyone figured out how to prevent the burn flash when cutting paper? I am trying to cut 65lb card stock and getting the burn flash. I tried some of the setting above and still getting flash marks.

@Vicki… wow this come out really nice. I don’t see and burn/flash marks. What settings did you use? My card stock is 65lb.

@danielhertz. Did it cut all the way…or did you have to do another cut pass?

I found this to be beyond helpful!!! Thank you so much for posting. Greatly Appreciated.

1 Like

Thank you so much for all your legwork. I am running into a very annoying problem. I created an SVG outline of a PNG that I have and am working at cutting out a stencil on 140 lb paper (I’ve attached my settings). I know this sounds strange, but it seems like the lines the GF is trying to cut are way too thick. Also, I am either burning through the paper without precision or it isn’t cutting at all… I’ve tried various settings from the beginning of this thread and am still facing the same issues… any ideas?

You really should start your own discussion thread with questions like this.

:+1:

1 Like
1 Like

Im wanting to engrave kind of deep – say 1/4 inch – need help with settings== where can I get an idea of which settings I need

You will really need to do some testing of increasing power, reducing speed, increasing LPI or multiple passes (or all 4).

They’ll all result in more power being deposited on the material which should result in deeper engraves.

What kind of paper or cardstock are you working with that is 1/4" thick??

2 Likes

I rarely print any of these topics because they’re easy to search and it’s less clutter around. But this one I printed to pin up for a quick grab. This is amazing, thank you!!

1 Like

This so SOOOO helpful. I just tested it out. Thanks a bunch!

1 Like

Appreciated! :yellow_heart:

Thank you for this!

Thank you for the excellent guide! Very much appreciated!!

Excellent info for me thank you. As a beginner I have put off trying different settings because I had no idea where to start and your post has not only given me insight to the settings it has given me the knowledge to do testing on my own papers. Very grateful!

3 Likes

I put your info onto one page, here is the PDF file:
Glowforge - Cutting Paper or Cardstock.pdf (194.5 KB)
Hopefully I am doing this right.

4 Likes

That’s awesome!

1 Like