Space Themed Start Button v2

This is absolutely gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

I made one today with a material called Nevamar, which is the brand name for durable, high performance, high pressure laminates (HPL). It’s just under 1/16" thick. I checked online first to see if it was laser safe. The info I found said it was…so…here it is…

29 Likes

Wow…I think this might be my favorite start button. The graphic actually compliments the front of your glowforge. :grinning:

1 Like

that is STELLAR
*pun intended *
thanks for sharing

10 Likes

That looks awesome @w.poplaski

1 Like

That is awesome!

1 Like

Oh how smart to spray paint it before you remove the masking! Hadn’t thought about that! Thanks!

1 Like

Love it! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Nice design, but what is the little black box towards the back right of your cutter?

When I first saw this just the other day, I was surprised at the two planets having rings. Then we were watching Jeopardy! on tv and one of the questions was, “Which planet besides Saturn has a ring around it?” I told my husband that I had just seen a decal on GF that had two planets with rings! I never would have known! :grinning:

1 Like

I’m surprised Jeopardy! fluffed that question – all four Jovian planets (Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, & Neptune) have ring systems. The ones around Jupiter, Uranus, & Neptune weren’t discovered until the Pioneer and Voyager missions in the late 1970s and 80s.

6 Likes

@tony.donno that’s the button for my my external fan.

6 Likes

Fascinating! I have always loved looking at the stars. Where we live now, we are able to see them so much more. I plan some day to get a telescope to really look at the sky. Thanks for the info!

1 Like

Thanks Bob, I figured that it was something like that after zooming in on the little device. I’m an electrician so I simply wired my GF and my “in wall” extraction fan to the same wall outlet that I control with a switch so both just turn on at the same time. I like the little switch though - good idea.

2 Likes

That looks fantastic! I’ve made a couple plaques by painting before removing the mask, but nothing with that fine detail. How did you manage to remove all those tiny pieces of mask over the planets and elsewhere? It must have taken you forever, or is there a fast way of doing it using a strong tape or other method?

1 Like

Thank you! I use plastic razor blades, they have been a life saver!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TVM7W35

3 Likes

Thanks for the info! I’ll add the link to my notes.

1 Like

That is fabulous. I made a Star Trek com-badge for my Glowforge!

4 Likes

@yemallaarcanum That’s awesome, would love to see it.

1 Like

Just wonderful! May I ask what settings did you use?

2 Likes