Space Themed Start Button v2

It is just blue acrylic, so I would assume proofgrade settings would work. We can only discuss material settings for non proofgrade materials in the Beyond the Manual section of the forum.

1 Like

Thank you and love the work!

1 Like

So do I - I am not the original poster. They will probably be along to comment.

1 Like

Thanks @nancyjwarner, I used proof grade settings, I just selected black medium acrylic.

2 Likes

please share a pic! :heart:

1 Like

I have the same or similar fan as Bob and that switch controls not just power but fan level. One helpful use of that is to leave the fan running on its lowest speed to keep a little negative air pressure in the room after cutting. Although the fan does a great job of controlling the fumes from the GF, some get out when the lid is opened. Plus sometimes there’s some fumes from paint or glue. There’s also three 3D printers in the room and it can get a bit “plastic-y” in there, depending on what material I am printing with. Running the fan on low does a good job keeping the odors from spreading throughout the house, even when the central HVAC is running.

Also, if it’s raining outside and I want to leave my exhaust hose hooked up between cuts, the low setting keeps the humidity outside and out of my GF.

My GF and fan are on the same power switch too, but I frequently find myself using the fan stand-alone and turning the GF off at it’s own switch.

2 Likes

@bobshull It’s nothing fancy. I just engraved and cut one out. I figured since I named the Glowforge George la Forge, he needed a com badge!

18 Likes

@yemallaarcanum looks great!

1 Like

love it! Great idea! thank you for sharing it

2 Likes

Really great design! And when you get the dreaded cool down Orange light it will look like the sun!

3 Likes

Ha! I call mine Glowie LaForge!

4 Likes

Omg this is amazing! My 5 year old is obsessed with space!! (He knows more about space than I ever did) will definitely do this once mine arrives

1 Like

Can’t wait to see it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh. My. Stars.

3 Likes

Thanks. Here is mine. I used purple with gold spray paint. I considered weeding the planets as well, but I kind of like them with the gold left on.

12 Likes

Very nice idea. The colors complement each other.

4 Likes

You had me at Pluto!

1 Like

Very nice. Love the gold and purple combo… I sanded the radius on mine to make it fit perfectly…it was a bit off, but one should never look a gift horse in the mouth…lol

2 Likes

This is awesome!

3 Likes

Terrific! Space is the place to be!