Spinny desktop tool-holder (videos + GF selfie!)

3 years into the relationship and it was all good - I thought, and one day she says “If your not going to marry me, we’re not going to live together forever.”
I immediately dropped to my knee…

Not a thing wrong with going slow, and growing a bit together. You go in with a deeper understanding of each other. 38 years now and still going strong.

10 Likes

Nice. I like the more complicated than a flat print projects.

I can’t figure out how it spins. Is there a part not shown, is the key covered up by the second to bottom disk in the first photo, or am I extra clueless today?

re the off topic discussion: I have a friend who is a decade and a half into an engagement. They have a daughter together, a house together, she has the ring, they just haven’t gotten around to scheduling a wedding or stopping by the courthouse.

4 Likes

This new fangled long-term dating makes a lot more sense than what my wife and I pulled. Six weeks from introduction to I do!
Must not have been too crazy though, that was 25 years ago.

7 Likes

(Don’t use Chrome)…the videos aren’t loading for me, either.

3 Likes

I assume the second image is the key. He has a center post sticking up from the stationary base. So that must have a flat top which supports the spinning element.

2 Likes

Excellent! That did the trick. Thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Also…seriously…I’m would absolutely print one of these right now if I could. My pen situation at work is a little out of control :slight_smile:

Is it December yet?

12 Likes

This is on of those concepts that will make all kinds of things. I want one optimized for jewelers screwdrivers and one for small plyers.

11 Likes

Shoot, sorry about that. Troubleshooting now…

3 Likes

Switched them to MP4s - how about now?

3 Likes

That did the trick! Thanks @bailey !

3 Likes

Still not working for me. I’ll try back later and see if something magical occurs. Thanks for trying!

2 Likes

You realize there are mirrors in there? You’ll need to tape off the lid window. Personally I figure I’ll do my first few cuts nekkid. That way when they take a peek from the internet cloud they’ll decide never to turn the room seeking mirror viewing camera on again for fear of going blind :grin:

17 Likes

And how many times have you tried to spin it so fast it makes the pens fly out?? Lol. Looks awesome!

7 Likes

Uhhhhmmmm… @dan, @bailey,… does that camera feed to the cloud when the lid is open? I really don’t care to find an upshot of the interior of my nostrils on Youtube one day.

8 Likes

Didn’t work for me either, but, right click the arrow, select “open in new window” , it will open, but you will see that it downloaded the video. Close the window, open your downloads folder, click on the video and the Quicktime player will open the video for you.

Cool project @bailey!

2 Likes

My girlfriend and I have gone 19 years without getting around to it. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I predict your boyfriend will spend more time spinning that thing around, than he will spend actually using the pens.

7 Likes

That is fantastic! Love it!

3 Likes

Spinny desktop thingy??!!?!? Count me in!! Loveee the project!

5 Likes