Split images remove gap

Hi All,

I have been following the one (or more) of the many amazing guides posted in this forum about how to print big images splitting them up.

I noticed that in the dark areas there is a small GAP in the conjunction point between 2 pieces. As you can see in the image below:

The question is:

1. How can I prevent this from happening (it doesn’t seem really possible though)
  2. How can I fix it after printing? I was thinking about and hand-burning tool, but maybe you got something better.

Thanks
V.

1 Like

For a problem already done an engraving tool with more where not needed so it does not look special… Careful application of a wire brush so as not break off the front stuff but at the same time scratch away the loose carbon, and then some bleach (I use the thick stuff with soap ) and then wash it off with water and then alcohol as that will displace the water and dry quicker than water. if it warps I roll it in a paper towel and clamp it flat till it drys,

for the future a lesson I learned cutting rubber molds. You can reduce discontinuities (flashing in that case) but not make them disappear, so make them go someplace not important.

1 Like

I’m very sorry for the delayed reply.

We’ve recently released an update to enable longer prints. Depending on your project, you may no longer need to use the image splitter method for your prints. Could you share some more information about the project you’re working on or the file you’d like to print?

If you’d prefer not to share your file on the forum you can send an email to support@glowforge.com and we can help you there as well.

My glowforge was to be delivered yesterday but it didn’t come and I never received a shipping email. I have tried email and Facebook messages to no avail for help? Where can I get help to find out if it’s going to ship, has shipped, or if I’m not getting one at all. I ordered March 27th. Thanks!

You would be better posting a new topic for this in the Problems and Support . Sorry that there is a lack of communication. It happens sometimes, but Glowforge always makes it right.

@kristikaydesigns I’m very sorry for the frustration. We try to keep to one topic per post in the Problems and Support section but I can confirm that the team has received your email and you should expect to hear from us soon.

Ok thanks. I just haven’t figured out forums yet. Thanks for helping

1 Like

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.