Spooky Scraps

Well now I have a goal.

2 Likes

Pah! Neophytes! Iā€™ve got mine sorted by wood type and acrylic. :wink:
(Down to 1 mm x 3.3 mm rods.)

6 Likes

I have been printing some tiny parts out of derlin for a specialty chain I am working on. I had a pile of tiny plastic dots when I popped them out of those holes. I threw them away. Now I feel bad.

9 Likes

Been doing the same thing. In fact, yesterday I weeded a pile of little ā€˜holesā€™ and glued them all, one by one, onto a small acrylic tree. Built in decorations! Some of the offcuts are stunning little things!

3 Likes

I have an oven :wink:

3 Likes

Somewhere I saw an article about reprocessing the acrylic bits into sheets that you could then use again. Some of the multi colored results looked kind of cool. Wish I could find it again.

I use those aluminum steamer trays for buffets for my scraps and keep them in drawers.

2 Likes

I have a serious scrap problem that I need to just take care of. Winter is coming and the fireplace will be ready. I guess after a year I can let go.

3 Likes

I burned some 3mm Baltic Birch scraps in a campfire we had this summer and boy does that stuff burn hot. My friends asked me not to burn too much at a time after a while.

2 Likes

Yeah some woods shwoosh well and some burn hot. Density is suppose to be the heat guide but woods with a lot of oil will flare.

Trimmed an olive tree once and had a burn pit going. Took a double armfull of branches over and plopped em into the fire.
Singed me up some and lost both my eyebrows in the 15 foot torch that occurred. Note to self, olive oil burns hot.

Life can be an adventure.

5 Likes

YIKES! Does not sound like fun to me.

I didnā€™t realize we could cut derlin. Would you mind giving me the information on it? I am just starting out and would possibly use this in the future. Thank you very much

Search ā€œdelrin settingsā€

OK I will. Thank you very muchā€¦

I have a ziplock baggie :slight_smile: :smiley:

Delrin is fantastic. Makes great bed pins.

These are so cute! would be wonderful for my Halloween Tree in the fall. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I donā€™t know if you took the file down or if the link is broken, but I cannot open the Spoopy Print file link above.

1 Like

These little bits could make for interesting textures in a kaleidoscope if you accumulate a lot of different acrylics.

2 Likes

Lol, I have the same!