Spreadsheet for Non-Proofgrade Materials - AURA

There’s a Google Spreadsheet out there for Non-Proofgrade materials for the other Glowforge models, but not for the Aura that I’ve found or heard of.

Unfortunately I don’t have knowledge to create a spreadsheet like this - BUT, I’m hoping if I put the idea out there, one of you wonderful people WITH the knowledge could get one going that could be built upon. :slight_smile: I’m happy to help add some ideas here (perhaps others could too) that could be added to such spreadsheet!

7 Likes

I just got my Glowforge Aura - however, I’ve already started to play with some manual settings.

I cut and engraved some thin leather and made some mandala earrings that turned out excellent.

Material Info and Settings used:

Brand: Csyidio - Materials for Laser Engraving
Type: PU artificial thin leather (PVC-free!) - 0.05 inch / 1.3 mm

Cut:
Speed - 30
Power - 10
Pass - 1

Engrave:
Speed - 90
Power - 4
Pass - 1
Lines per inch - 270

3 Likes

The Aura is very new so no spreadsheet has been done to my knowledge. You can create one in your GFUI by saving the settings when you get a good result. The key to a good list is the naming. Material- look(light deep etc) LPI - speed - power- times, will sort itself to be easy to find. (of course with cutting LPI doesn’t count) The /cut-score - engrave / is already separated

6 Likes

Thank you! … I have some notes that I’m taking as I go, so I’m hoping to slowly start to build a spreadsheet! … Great advice on the details. :grinning:

5 Likes

Here you go - I started one for you with this data. Now you can add more going forward :slight_smile:

Anyone with the link has full editing permissions.

15 Likes

But then how would you share with the community :slightly_smiling_face:?

4 Likes

Great idea, probably overdue. I’ve linked it in my common questions post, in #6.

6 Likes

Thank you so much for this! …

4 Likes

there are a lot on my list that would not interest the community or be dangerous if not watched like a hawk…
Acrylic-vary power
power- full
LPI- 1355
speed-2500
Light touch shiny result (not for narrow designs near a corner)

3 Likes

That has nothing to do with the aura though?

4 Likes

To do with @ekla’s post

2 Likes

These aren’t settings for the Aura though?

3 Likes

No, they are settings I use in a pro. The point is that very few folk go to 1355 LPI but I do frequently as it captures much better detail . This took an hour and 20 min with a speed of 2619, full power, and 1355 LPI for a 4"circle

1 Like

I was referring to a potential spreadsheet of Aura settings …

2 Likes

A very nice chart with Aura specific settings:

4 Likes

Nice - I added those links to the “other” section in the spreadsheet :slight_smile:

Welcome to the community!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

This is great! Thank you!

then don’t add settings like that to a public spreadsheet?

spreadsheets like this are caveat emptor anyway.

4 Likes

I maintain one on my website. You just need to fill out the form for access and future updates. You can get to it at bit.ly/glowforgeaurasettings.