Stained "glass" clock

Gingerbread house! I need to see it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there, I recreated it using shapes and lines. I was surprised too, the red and yellow pieces fit perfectly. And the first three purple ones did too. Then there were just some that were way too small. I had to increase the kerf value on those from. 008 to. 01 to get them to fit, it was really odd. But of course, I haven’t had anything yet work on the first try, so I wasn’t surprised.

1 Like

Haha! Will have to wait until December lol

Noooooooooooo! Sneak peek? Or a good old fashioned contest for best gingerbread house by November!

1 Like

I have a friend who won a gingerbread house contest. They flew her to New York City and put her up for a few days. She was on some TV show with a couple other winners. It was great, not only for the winning and fifteen minutes of fame, but the trip isn’t something she’d normally be able to do.

2 Likes

Well, I can show you one from a few years ago… laser unassisted :slight_smile:

I’m afraid this year will be a boring old house where everything fits without sanding and with cool trim and hopefully some engraved gingerbread (not holding my breath on that one).

hogwarts_small

6 Likes

Wowsers! :open_mouth:

Bonus points if you recognize it! I’m an adequate knock-off artist, not really great at coming up with my own stuff :slight_smile:

Is it Neuschwanstein? (I’m pretty lousy at recognizing castles.) :upside_down_face:

Not a real castle. Zoom in over the chapel on the left to see if you can figure it out :slight_smile:

Maybe one of the Disney castles? (Sorry, I’m just not the best castle person.) :smile:

1 Like

OK, this is a different playing field! That is amazing!

1 Like

Ok that’s not a good picture to guess. Here’s a better one. Think, movie, not Disney :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ROFL! There’s the problem…I don’t watch a lot of movies either. What’s it from? :grinning:

It’s Hogwarts :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks a bit like Hogwarts.

Edit - looks like you posted as I was typing…

1 Like

We have a winner!

Oooooh! Of course it is! (I did actually see that one when it came out!)
How completely clever!

1 Like

Heh heh, I wouldn’t have recognized it either. It’s just what the kiddo was obsessed with at the time, and by the time I finished it, couldn’t have cared less :slight_smile:

I’m a bit too old to have been Hogwarts obsessed, and didn’t have any kiddies to drag me in, but that’s a really good rendition. (And it did look a little familiar at that. The owl should have tripped me to it.) :sunglasses::+1:

1 Like