Steampunk Lab Book Nook

It’s been a minute since I’ve posted any of my projects. I just finished a book nook that I started last March! Quite a few bits and pieces were cut using my GF. Here’s a list and some pics:

Outer case
Inner case
Rivet details
Baseboards, trim and ‘posts’
brackets
Lab bench and the shelf above it
Microscope
Wooden shelves
Base for orrery
Side table
Door and door frame
Octopus tank and stand

99 Likes

Some of the in progress pics as well as a video tour…I couldn’t upload the video for some reason so here’s a link to YouTube. https://youtu.be/MdVW7NWStsk

72 Likes

This is really amazing. The detail makes me keep looking into the room. I like it a lot. :grin:

12 Likes

Amazing. Love the octopus tank.

10 Likes

This is stunning

10 Likes

That is just WOW. Amazing detail!

11 Likes

This is absolutely wonderful!

8 Likes

Spectacular. This is just amazing. So much detail. :clap:

8 Likes

That is fabulous!

10 Likes

Beautiful work. The attention to detail is out of this world.

6 Likes

Stunning detail. So many things to discover. I keep coming back for more looks. Thanks for sharing this.

10 Likes

Fabulous! Just adore this. The lighting too is so cool. I can see how it took you a long time to put it all together.

8 Likes

That’s wonderful. So many details, lovely little things.

5 Likes

Holy moly, that’s amazing!! You are sooo talented! Just a beautiful piece of art!

5 Likes

How on Earth did you manage to create that conch shell?? The detail in this tells me you have a problem… and the microscope! :crazy_face:
Seriously, so cool, no words other than amazing!

12 Likes

That is beyond amazing. I don’t think I could do something half that fantastic at my best.
Super cool, thank you for sharing the pictures with us.

8 Likes

Terrific work! Love the mini microscope or the micromicroscope!

10 Likes

I sell book nooks on Etsy, but yours is way ahead of mine - astonishing detail and variety.

7 Likes

You did a wonderful job on this amazing piece! The thoughtful detail is just delightful. I love book nooks and yours is an exceptional one. Would love to do one but I just can’t seem to get it off the ground.

8 Likes

This is so cool! The attention to detail and the distressing and aging of the furnishings has made this a work of art!

6 Likes