Stepper Motor Issue

When I turn on my Glowforge, it boots up, but at soon as it starts to move the head, it makes a bad noise and stops. The video above has the full start up sequence. The noise happens around the 0:57 mark. The arm and head have full travel. I cannot tell if it is the left right motor or if the front back motor(s). It might be the two front back motors are out of sync and binding against each other or if one is just not moving.

Please help.

Ugh, that bites :frowning:

It almost looks like the entire arm moves when the motor tries to engage. Maybe do a quick check of the bolts to see if any of them are loose?

An actual staff member will be here ASAP, but it’s something to poke at in the meantime if you want to try.

2 Likes

My sincere apologies about our slow reply. I extracted the logs from your Glowforge and saw that you’ve been able to print since contacting us.

Could you please let me know if you are still having trouble with the laser arm?

It’s been some time since we’ve heard from you. Would you let us know if you’re still experiencing trouble?

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.