Stickers, Anyone make custom ones?

Because that’s how you get ants.

2 Likes

@wenning08, I make no money from my vinyl cutter. I just wanted one for hobby use, and this was before the days of Silhouette and Cricut. There was a hobby machine called Wishblade being sold at the time but I couldn’t use it for Illustrator designs so I went for the commercial grade machine.

8 Likes

I have not tried that, where yours just printed then cut? or did you do several layers on those examples?

2 Likes

yup yup yup!

1 Like

Does anyone know a method to make high quality printed stickers at home? The glossy plastic kind.

2 Likes

I made this travel cup for my daughter’s boyfriend. Made with Silhouette Cameo.

14 Likes

I recommend…Weatherproof Inkjet Labels - White, High Gloss Label Material
from Onlinelabels.com.

7 Likes

I’ve used the laser printer ones from there…they’re excellent. :+1:

4 Likes

you can freehand silk-screen onto white vinyl

3 Likes

I’ve used Online Labels also. Recently got their weatherproof polyester labels and verified that they contain no PVCs. I also just got their polyester ones in silver. They are super thin and stick well. I’ve made labels for a friend’s hot sauce that he bottles each year. Only a couple of months in, but he says they are holding up to cold and moisture very well. I’ve also put a printed silver decal on my car window today to see how the printing holds up to the Wisconsin weather. Right now I cut them on my Silhouette Cameo. I’m hoping to be able to print them, adhere them to MDF or other material and do full color cut outs on the :glowforge:

3 Likes

They are “layered”

black,grey,pink,brown,blue and white vinyl pieces for this one

17 Likes

This was a sign I made with my Silhouette for work last holiday.

the little bow, snowflake, tree and snowman stickers weren’t handmade. the sign was a dollar store halloween sign I got for 10 cents after halloween. Painted it white - Cut out the lettering from vinyl, (applied) then painted it red and then removed the vinyl. The elf and the reindeer were layered vinyl-cut stickers I made from the various colored vinyls ( I love the holographic vinyl on the elf’s suit). Our department at work is called Workforce ( my title is workforce analyst), so I made the sign say Workshop then ( using a graffiti font) made a stencil and sprayed the “force” over the word shop.

15 Likes

This is a sample of just 2 layered.

Didn’t realize how reflective that green was until I used a flash !!

20 Likes

looks nice, I will have to try that, I have only tried black and white so far due to it doesn’t cost me anything with left over stuff from a project awhile ago. Looking to expand, is there a brand of vinyl you all recommend that works best and do you just amazon it or do you get it from a cheaper source?

Is that dish washable?

Oh, I’m so glad you asked, because this is one of my favorite tips of all time…:smiley:

Go to the grocery or hardware store and buy a roll of cheap adhesive vinyl Contact paper. (shelf liner) Cheapest way in the world to get your vinyl, it is on the thin side, but a roll of black and a roll of white work great for an amazing amount of projects.

And you want thin for some low profile work…it stays stuck down better and looks like it was printed on, instead of stuck on.

That logo I did above is white Contact paper.

14 Likes

I advise not. Even though it is an outdoor “permanent” vinyl and was very tricky to weed because it is so sticky. Also, the cup says to hand-wash.

2 Likes

That’s some great work! :smiley:

I’m hoping to do the same with cut outs. Along with a million other ideas. BTW, I used these labels on a jar that has been in my shower for about a year…so, yea…holds up great to moisture :wink:

1 Like

Great to hear. I’ll be using it more for multi color car decals.

Thanks