Stops during print with no error

I have had two times in the last several prints where the laser stops and doesn’t move but the countdown timer continues and at the end of the countdown it cools down and shows it is ok to open but the job never finished.
No error messages but job never finished.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.

Have you been able to print the entire file at other times? Does it stop printing in the same place every time? Can you share a screenshot showing the design and the final cut.

2 Likes

Haven’t tried printing same file again. The first file was five minutes from finishing and second file was 3 minutes from finishing. Noticed the lens on the camera was covered with smoke. Not sure if that could have caused it.

1 Like

Smoke on the camera would not have caused this, I don’t think. Once the job is rendered and printing starts the camera is not a factor.

2 Likes

Do you ever notice the Glowforge going online and offline in the app, or have connectivity issues that you can notice?

It’s possible that your connection is a little weak and the browser is missing the signal from the Glowforge. The overheating (and other errors) go from Glowforge to the servers to the browser, so if the connection from Glowforge to the servers is weak, or servers to your laptop is weak, it’s possible that it’s not catching the status indicator from the Glowforge and not representing it on screen.

1 Like

#1 does the laser continue to fire even as it does not move? If it did you would notice a hole at the point where it stopped.
#2 does the head fan continue to to work when it stops, or before? A photo of a failed cut could reveal a lot just looking at the pattern of the smoke.
#3 are you using any magnets? This can mess up several things, but most folk know better, so low probability.

There is a rare(?) bug that killed my machine that started out intermittent but became every time and I am even now in transition trying to repack the old machine.

Posting photos of the machine when it stops, and the failed cuts, as well as the smoked lenses, would be the first next step. :worried:

1 Like

Hi @azgizmo126 I’m sorry to hear that you’ve run into some trouble with your Glowforge stopping during the middle of prints. I saw that you recently chatted with my colleague earlier today for this. To avoid any potential confusion, or miscommunication, I will go ahead and close this Community thread to continue addressing everything through your other thread. It looks like Mercedes as able to send a follow up response a couple minutes ago, and we’ll look forward to your response on there. Thank you!

1 Like