Stops mid cut

Files that were printing correctly a few days ago stop mid cut. The head stops moving, tho the dashboard show that the cut is continuing. Gift of Good measure printed PERFECTLY. GF lenses, etc are clean.

Try turning off the machine, disconnecting the printer head from the white cable, reconnect, and turn it back on. Sometimes the white cable just needs to be reseated.

If that doesn’t work, someone else here will have some advice on what to try while you wait for support.

2 Likes

Thank you. Unfortunately its didn’t fix the issue.

Oh no! I’m sorry you’ve hit a snag.

If your Printer Head is moving but you aren’t seeing the laser marking your material, there are two likely causes:

• The mirror in the Printer Head is not installed correctly and may have been damaged.
  • The print power has been set to the lowest possible setting.

First, please inspect the mirror in the Printer Head

• Follow these instructions to access the Printer Head mirror.

• If you see damage to the mirror or the plastic handle (for example, if the plastic handle has been melted), please check the interior of the Printer Head for any additional damage. If you don’t see any signs of physical damage inside the Printer Head you can purchase a replacement Printer Head Mirror through the shop. Note: If there is damage to the plastic handle on the mirror, the mirror may be difficult to remove. You can follow the instructions here for removing a mirror that is stuck.

• Once you receive your replacement mirror, please clean both the lens and Printer Head window, by following these cleaning instructions.

• If you find any damage in the Printer Head, please take a photo of the damage and send it to us and we’ll follow up with next steps.

Thank you.

The prints works all the way up to the last 30 seconds or so.

I have followed all of the cleaning instructions expect for exhaust fan cleaning.

Some items cut perfectly. Several prints on the other hand no longer cut properly.

The head was clean. I continue to has problems with certain prints.

Hello @glasmom17 thanks for following up on that for us.

When you say that some prints have problems, is there a consistency to it? For example, are you noticing that it’s only specific designs that aren’t printing correctly, or perhaps a specific material?

If it’s design based it’d be very helpful if you could email us the design file at support@glowforge.com so we can take a further look.

Hi Mike!
Thanks for reaching out.

The two prints both stop at the same point (sepecific to each print). The glowforge head stops moving, no laser score or cut, and never returns home after cut. Dashboard shows printing and countdown.

Both files were printing perfectly less than a week ago. I’ve re-uploaded thinking there may be a glitch but it didn’t help either. I also adjusted the colors to add steps thinking that may help.

The files I have noticed issue with have cut times of 9 and 7 minutes. I am able to cut, score and engrave for 10-20 minutes with same material as well as others when printing other projects.

I can upload a short video of the glowforge head stopping mid print/ not homing if it could help.

do Glowforges get drunk in the evening? lol

I continue to have issues with the forge stopping mid print. There seems to be no rhyme or reason for the issues. sometimes it stops while cutting, sometimes while engraving. Some files cut perfectly others quit. The time continues to countdown on app, the head doesn’t reset itself to home position. Please help.

Please advise

They asked you for the files. Did you send them?

They asked for files if design specific.
The problem happens with many designs, prints on and off. It will cut completely once, stop during the next cut and work perfectly. There is no specific cause file or material.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.