Storing Glowforge in the garage during winter?

Hey everyone. I’m just curious if it would cause damage to the glowforge if I store it in my garage during the winter months? My garage is attached to my house, but it’s not insulated. I’m planning on putting insulating foam boards on the back of the garage door in the panels.:grin::glowforge::+1:

1 Like

Operating Environment

To prolong the life of your Glowforge unit and to reduce the risk of fire or mechanical failure, do not put the Glowforge unit where it could experience:

Extreme temperature or humidity
Temperatures below 40 degrees Fahrenheit (5 Celsius) or over 120 degrees Fahrenheit (48 Celsius) Extreme humidity conditions (below 10% or more than 75%)
If venting outdoors, ensure that changing conditions do not cause extreme temperatures or humidity to enter the Glowforge unit through the exhaust hose. Disconnect the hose from the outside air when the Glowforge is not in use.

Print when the ambient temperature is within the following ranges. Printing outside these ranges may cause your print to pause periodically or fail to complete.

Basic: Between 60 degrees Fahrenheit (16 Celsius) and 75 degrees Fahrenheit (24 Celsius)
Pro: Between 60 degrees Fahrenheit (16 Celsius) and 81 degrees Fahrenheit (27 Celsius)

12 Likes

Thanks @karaelena - that’s right! I’m moving this to Problems & Support so others can benefit from the answer.

1 Like