Strange SVG result

350/100 (not my usual settings for cardboard so not sure if that influences the result…)

It doesn’t look great, give me a sec while I send the pic to the computer.

350/48 resulted in janky top image. ok bottom image.

3 Likes

This was 350/41 on medium draftboard. Both were messed up.

2 Likes

I didn’t change the orientation of the file. I just put the old piece of mdf back in funny.

OK I updated my ticket with support with the speed info, thanks everyone for testing.

I’ll let you know what they say.

4 Likes

As someone who does a lot of spirals, I have run into this, too. There was some improvement when I switched to a more solid table but, slowing down the spirals has been the only thing that gets it perfect. I usually make the spirals separate operations where workable to avoid slowing the entire job.

3 Likes

I’ll just submit that my default test pattern for new materials uses spirals (and lines and zig-zags) and I’ve never seen this. It has 8 or 10 sets and I just run it with a range of settings to see which works best/cleanest.

Edited to add, I use this for thin material, I have a simpler one for “regular” materials, but I’ve used this dozens of times and never seen that:

3 Likes

Well this means that some of the advice we’ve given in the past is suspect at best. Appears that speed makes a big difference in some specific instances. In the past I know we’d have been all over people to clean their rails as it looked like the gantry jumping due to schmutz on the rails.

1 Like

At least you know it’s not isolated to your machine.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.