Strength of the Forum - The Members

I have to say, this is an excellent list of people! You should definitely be on the list as well @printolaser!

@morganstanfield I hope everyone is okay.

3 Likes

Wow. Thanks for the props. Wouldnā€™t have participated nearly as much without folks like @JeremyNielsen and @Xabbess keeping the topics going. And there are the posters who post less frequently, but when they do, itā€™s epic. Take a bow @m_raynsford.

6 Likes

Excellent mentions!
And Jacob makes a good point in that the spread and depth of skills accumulated here is formidable, and all the participation, whether a question or an answer adds to the to the sum of the forum.

4 Likes

I donā€™t post often, but I read all the input from all you great people. Figure if I am going to learn, to learn from the best. Thank you all for sharing all that wisdom.

4 Likes

@Xabbess Iā€™m about 15km (9 miles) south in dornbirn. not the capital but the 10th biggest town in austria and about 1.6 times bigger than bregenz. mind you thatā€™s only a village in some countries.

@morganstanfield wish you and your loved ones all the best@

Sending good wishes to your family memberā€¦and to you who care for them. Itā€™s a tough time.

Oh myā€¦what a small world. Yes, I know Dornbirnā€¦and visited there also, as the sister of our Austrian family still lives there. She is very aged, but still going. Her last name is FƤssler. What a truly lovely country Austria is. I live in Oregon in Americaā€¦and it looks very much like Austriaā€¦both countries are on the 45th parallel. And you are rightā€¦the difference in the size of our countries is amazing. Our spaces are vast and they are small, there. Great to meet you, ylene.

Maybe there should be a new forum rank - ā€˜Mavenā€™.

3 Likes

ah - now I found out who is soo close to me :slight_smile: (St.Gallen). Good to hear that someone is that close!
BTW: Iā€™m a laser newbie.

Wow, I think you nailed it and really hit a cord with all of us.

thanks for expressing your gratitude for all of us on the forum and the special call out to those who are always hear providing their ā€œvoiceā€.

2 Likes

You guys are great. Thanks for making the long wait much more bearable.

3 Likes

great to meet you too @Xabbess :slight_smile:

@jusjus oh wow, somebody owning a GF is close to me, nice to meet you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:anguished: Hope they get better!

1 Like

:slight_smile: Its a good list @printolaser (thanks @Xabbess & @jacobturner for making sure his name made the cut as well :wink: ) i think i had a smaller, less comprehensive list somewhere else in the forumā€¦ but I canā€™t find it :frowning: oh well. Makers make a great community, and I must say that the knowledge contained in the forum and my link to so many varied and knowledgeable individuals is worth more than every penny I could spend on every tool I have ever desired to make or build. you guys are great :smiley:

3 Likes

Awe shucks! Thank you! Iā€™m glad my myriad of novice questions is helping ha-ha!

5 Likes

Iā€™d also like to echo the thank yous to the wonderful forum members mentioned above. I donā€™t post often but I read every thread and have learned SO much.

I canā€™t imagine how cool this forum will be once we all get our GFs and are able to bounce ideas back and forth!

2 Likes

I studied German in Wien in 1984. I have such a soft spot for Austria. I have a good friend who is a professor at the University of Vienna. Itā€™s been too long, since 2008 since I visited.

1 Like

Exactly! Reading through the forum, hard not to be impressed by the spectrum of interests and abilities represented here. Take that and add our common focus of the laser, and the forum becomes a rich resource of creative diversity for us all to draw from.
Hard to put a value on that!

3 Likes