Strength of the Forum - The Members

I have an aunt living in Wien since … I guess 20+ years now, seems lightyears away if you’re living on the other side of the country :slight_smile:

I hope the novice questions I’ve thrown out here has helped others as much as it’s helped me. For every thread I’ve started-asking a question about technique or process, I have confidently overcome the problem and applied the answers.

So while I may still feel a bit novice at times, I know that where I stand now compared to where I stood before, are two very different places of expertise.

3 Likes

Exactly!

I’m sorry, that was moderately inspirational but I flubbed it with a typo in that quoted text section. (Fat thumbs)

2 Likes

O.K. almost exactly :sunglasses:

printolaser, thank you for being considerate of my shyness and not naming me…

:blush:

1 Like

I was going to throw the spotlight on you, but I came to my senses just in time!

:innocent: I couldn’t possibly name everyone who has helped me or gave me a good laugh! But everyone and their input is appreciated!

1 Like

LOL, just teasing, good buddy :grin:

1 Like

Adding @fablab_elpaso to the list!
Contributing lots of help… thank you!

1 Like

This thread seems the right one for this comment.
I’d like to appreciate @dan. He is the public face of Glowforge, even though there are other founders. He is a genius level promoter.(“no you don’t understand, I have a laser.”). Makes me think of Steve Jobs, although he is clearly a nicer person. He reads and has commented or answered most questions and comments on the forum. This in addition to motivating the troops and making crucial decisions. He is a large part of the credibility that has persuaded so many of us to trust our hobby budgets and wait in hope.

9 Likes

A toast to the guy in the Hot Seat!

1 Like

I can’t help but fully agree with you! I had mentioned in another thread how a big part of my job is trying to tell if people are being honest and forthcoming in their replies, are unsure of what they are doing, or if they are confident, genuine & honest, etc etc, and that after seeing Dan’s YT Q&A video, he comes across as very honest & knowledgeable.

So he’s either very real, or one of the best actors I’ve ever seen!

:smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks so much, all. I could say a lot of things but I’ll just say this: reading and posting in the forum isn’t the thing I do for my job, it’s the thing I look forward to doing after I’m done with my job.

You all are amazing.

11 Likes

Adding @fan-of-glowforge for all the contributions to the forum - should have been on the original list!

1 Like

Thanks for the shout-out. (No pun intended with your profile picture!)

3 Likes